Quick question about Custom Followers

Hello, everyone.

I'm new to modding and I just made my first Follower. Everything is working just fine and it's working with other follower mods I use.

There are just two problems.

1) I want her to use an Amulet of Dibella and altought I can find the item on Creation Kit object window, I can't find it on Inventory list options. Can someone help me?

2) I want her to go back to the Wiking Skeever when dismissed, where you can find her. How do I do that?

I'm not where I can load up the CK to check, but off the top of my head, probably the easiest way to make sure she actually wears it is to include it in her outfit. Rather than looking for a vanilla outfit that suits her, you'll want to go to the outfits tab, in the object window, let it populate the list of available outfits, right-click > new, give it a unique name (usually follower name + outfit, and any code or initials you may wish to use, to enable easier access for future modding). Then you can expand the armor, clothing trees, or use the search box, find what you want her to wear, and just drag and drop it right into the outfit form. Close and save, and her new custom outfit exists. If you have the actor form open, you'll want to close and reopen it, so you'll be able to find your new custom outfit in the drop down menu.

I'd like to say you can simply drag the amulet right into the actor form, where pocket loot, shields, and such are often found, but I can't say for sure that she'd wear it, or if she'd just have it in a pocket.

What you want to do is include her an anytime AI package, to sandbox there. While she's a follower, it won't affect her. After dismissal, she'll start using it again. You can probably find a default sandbox package, either for editor location and whatever distance from where you actually placed her in the CK, or just to sandbox in the cell itself. I always recommend making a custom package, just for her, though. That prevents accidentally changing something, intended only for her, and affecting every other NPC with that package.

In my (limited) experience with AI packages, I find the editor location, 512 or 256 for example, works better outdoors. Indoors, or in specific cells, choosing the entire cell as the sandbox allows them to use more furniture, move around a bit more, etc. You can also use a specific marker, if you want her to stay maybe within 512 of a certain bed or chair, or drop an x marker anywhere you want her to be, and decrease the allowable distance.

The important thing with the anytime AI package is that it be last in the AI package list. As I understand it, AI packages need to be ordered chronologically, so if they do nothing but eat and sleep at the inn, and they go to bed at 10 pm, you would want eat01, eat02, eat03, sleep, then finally your anytime package. That would take care of their 3 meals and bed time, and the anytime package would work in between and after. If their bedtime is 1AM, though, then you need sleep, eat01, eat02, eat03, sandbox, etc.