Bodyslide assistance please

WakahisaSensei

I saved some presets in bodyslide and now when I try to load them they aren't appearing. I can physically find the files in the system but they don't show up as options in Bodyslide. I can't find anyway to load them. Please help.

Alternatively, all I'm trying to accomplish is to get the CBBE body to closely mimic or other duplicate the proportions of the succubus race's body. It does not have to be a perfect copy, just a rough fit so clothes can fit either when I run them through bodyslide. This would be a better solution than what I am trying to do with the above.

My last few requests for help with bodyslide have gone largely ignored. Is there a more appropriate place to ask questions regarding this mod? (And yes, I've tried asking on the mod page itself.)

Edited by WakahisaSensei

It could be an issue with the Groups setting. If you specify a Group for display in the program and the preset file doesn't have that Group listed in it, then the preset will not be displayed as an option in the program. If you have a Group selected in the related field, try clearing that and see if the preset appears in the presets list after that. If it does, you need to resave the preset and add that group (or edit the preset file in a text editor to add the group, if you're comfortable with editing xml files that way).

Also make sure the path to the preset files is correct, especially if you're using a mod manager.

Also make sure the path to the preset files is correct, especially if you're using a mod manager.

Not sure what you mean by that. Using MO2 as my mod organizer. Encountering some weird stuff. Even if I browse to manually open the saved preset, it won't load. Doesn't give me a reason why. But it seems that it is saving into one section and loading from another. When i try to save to the proper section it won't let me. When i try to load from the other section it won't let me.

I'm also encountering a weird glitch with some of the clothing. I'm able to get it to conform to the general shape of the body, but for some clothing items (especially boots and leg items) I get a lot of clipping. Sometimes to the point that the leg item is invisible. I will attempt to put a picture below. I've tried adjusting leg sizes but and then using the bodyslide option "batch built" (which contains the clothing items in question) but nothing helps.

Edited by WakahisaSensei

Is there no way to post a picture directly from my computer in the forum?

EDIT: I cannot. The file is considered too big (even though its just 1 png image) and I do not know how to shrink the file size.

Point is the legs are clipping like hell.

Edited by WakahisaSensei

Not sure what you mean by that. Using MO2 as my mod organizer. Encountering some weird stuff. Even if I browse to manually open the saved preset, it won't load. Doesn't give me a reason why. But it seems that it is saving into one section and loading from another. When i try to save to the proper section it won't let me. When i try to load from the other section it won't let me.

I use MO1, but I tend to see that behavior a lot also. For some reason, which is beyond me, the combination of MO and BodySlide do not play well together if you try to load files newly created or saved within the Skyrim/data/ folder structure. The only workaround I've found for it is to save files outside of the MO or BodySlide file paths, exit out of BodySlide, then move files into MO's folder structure (typically as a new mod) wait a few seconds for MO's virtual file system to refresh, and relaunch BodySlide. (This is mainly where my comment about making sure the file paths are correct comes from - saving files outside the basic locations and then moving them provides a lot of opportunities for misspelling folder names. I have a devil of a time getting "CalienteTools" right every time.) This is more time consuming than I'd like, but is the most error-free method I've found of getting everything to work together.

I'm also encountering a weird glitch with some of the clothing. I'm able to get it to conform to the general shape of the body, but for some clothing items (especially boots and leg items) I get a lot of clipping. Sometimes to the point that the leg item is invisible. I will attempt to put a picture below. I've tried adjusting leg sizes but and then using the bodyslide option "batch built" (which contains the clothing items in question) but nothing helps.

Do the leg items do this only if you don't have a body armor equipped? Like you equip only the boots on a naked character and they're clipping horribly, but then you equip a matching chest piece and suddenly the boots don't clip at all? If so, I've seen that before in my own usage too. I haven't investigated it much, but I think it is because the boot meshes don't include the base body shape. Using only the boots is somehow making them not conform to the base naked body. I've never figured out how to solve this myself.

Do the leg items do this only if you don't have a body armor equipped? Like you equip only the boots on a naked character and they're clipping horribly, but then you equip a matching chest piece and suddenly the boots don't clip at all? If so, I've seen that before in my own usage too. I haven't investigated it much, but I think it is because the boot meshes don't include the base body shape. Using only the boots is somehow making them not conform to the base naked body. I've never figured out how to solve this myself.

No. It happens with or without the matching armor. Some leg items less so than others. It can occasionally happen with non-leg items (and usually to a significantly lesser degree) but it occurs primarily with leg items. In this specific case, it is one of the clothing items from the Apachii Divine Elegance Store mod. Whether equipped with its matching armor or not, it gives horrible clipping.

EDIT: Disregard that. It was the case. I did "something" (not sure what) but now it's as you say, only when the armor is equipped. Since that seems to be a more common problem, there might be another solution I can follow. So far the advice is to run the batch build for boots separately from armors. Gonna try that.

While on the topic of clothing items, does bodyslide grab all clothing mods or just specific ones. I have gotten several new clothing mods since installing bodyslide but only three mod families ever seem to appear in its batch build function. So far I'm guessing this is by design as most of those other mods fit regardless of body changes, but there is one mod (don't remember which one off the top of my head) that does not show up in bodyslide but has some serious clipping that could probably be rectified via a batch build. Is there a way to add it to bodyslide manually or no? In this case it is not a big deal as I might not even keep the mod. This is more a matter of learning.

Edited by WakahisaSensei

I use MO1, but I tend to see that behavior a lot also. For some reason, which is beyond me, the combination of MO and BodySlide do not play well together if you try to load files newly created or saved within the Skyrim/data/ folder structure. The only workaround I've found for it is to save files outside of the MO or BodySlide file paths, exit out of BodySlide, then move files into MO's folder structure (typically as a new mod) wait a few seconds for MO's virtual file system to refresh, and relaunch BodySlide. (This is mainly where my comment about making sure the file paths are correct comes from - saving files outside the basic locations and then moving them provides a lot of opportunities for misspelling folder names. I have a devil of a time getting "CalienteTools" right every time.) This is more time consuming than I'd like, but is the most error-free method I've found of getting everything to work together.

Gonna be honest, I'm not sure what most of this means. I don't know exactly which folders do what regarding bodyslide. Other mods and MO things have been much simpler. Even ENB (which I had near legendary struggles with initially) was easier for me to work with.

What I do know is this. Within the MO2 folders there is a folder labled "overwrite" and a folder labeled "mods". The "mods" folder contains all my mods including bodyslide and CBBE (Both of which have some bodyslide data). But the "overwrite" folder contains another set of bodyslide data. My presets seem to be saving to the overwrite folder's bodyslide data. Bodyslide is loading from the "mods" folder's bodyslide data (I think. Hard to tell actually.) Copying and pasting between them in either direction does not appear to resolve the problem. I do not know how to set the paths other than what they are now.

I do not know which folder the game is getting its data from, only that the game works with whatever was the most recent build I did. I'm just not able to load that preset when I open bodyslide unless I save over an existing preset (such as CBBE slim). So I'm able to build a body, but I can't save multiple iterations to experiment with.

This would be so much easier if I could somehow import the succubus body and just copy its general proportions to the CBBE body, but I can't find anything suggesting that to be possible (though quite a few people have done the reverse). In theory I could just copy and paste the skeletal nif from the succubus body to the CBBE the same way people do the reverse, but then I can't batch build the clothes because the body will reset the sliders when I open bodyslide and I won't know the values etc.

don't know how common this is but while youre here, there is nothing to do with CBBE in my body/outfit tab or preset tab, there are a number of tutorials that I have tried to follow but all have had the same result, the vanilla body with an edited item of clothing on top. I am using NMM and have installed everything required but nothing is there accept presets I got off the nexus, hence the outfit issue. not sure what's happening but I would appreciate some help.

Edited by INTHEEVENTOFEXTINCT4

don't know how common this is but while youre here, there is nothing to do with CBBE in my body/outfit tab or preset tab, there are a number of tutorials that I have tried to follow but all have had the same result, the vanilla body with an edited item of clothing on top. I am using NMM and have installed everything required but nothing is there accept presets I got off the nexus, hence the outfit issue. not sure what's happening but I would appreciate some help.

Can you try to clarify what your exact problem is? I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out your meaning.

• 1 year later...

I don't want to start new topic, so it looks familiar to my problem.

Hello, folks! I faced some problem I have never seen before and I want to ask community for possible solution.

Input:

• Custom UNP body;
  • 2 packs of clothing for UNP body, aprox. 100+ items.

Facing the problem:

I installed through Vortex 2 packs of clothing I downloaded outside of Nexus and tried to convert new outfits with BodySlide for custom UNP body of my character. And I was “surprised” when I saw, that this outfits didn’t appeared in body/outfit drop list of BodySlide utility. I checked archives with this packs and yes, there weren’t directories with BodySlide presets inside.

Objective:

Somehow Palpatine has returned I want to use this clothing with my custom UNP body and slider morphs. So I need to generate BodySlide presets and other things.

My current vision of resolving this:

1st: make some magic with Outfit studio. But I didn’t use it before at all and I don’t have any idea what to do and what sort of guides I should look for. Essential to keep in mind that this 2 packs containing 100+ items, so it is preferable to have some option similar to “Batch build” in BodySlide.

2nd: write some script that will make needed conversions. I analysed other installed outfits that have slider options and for now I don’t see any problems to do this. Script should gather names of all new items, put them in one file and make it with .xml extension. That’s all, I guess? Is it possible to make it work?

3rd: use some additional utility, but I have no idea what it should be.

If someone faced similar problem, please, share with me possible solution and comment my vision, because I really-really want to use that outfits with morphs of custom UNP body.

Thanks for attention!

Вообще, я ни разу не англичанин, так что если тот, кто это читает, говорит по-русски, можно кидать ссылки на русскоязычные гайды. Заранее благодарю!