Mod that adds more "depth" to Skyrim

Tharizdun73

Hello everybody!

I am looking for a mod. I know there is a search function and I know that g00gle is a thing, but those tools couldn't help me, because I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.

I am looking for a mod that adds more depth to Skyrim.

And if nobody knows of such a mod, I am looking for some advice to make it myself. Because the only thing I found until now were complaints about Skyrim and more complaints, but never a solution, and I think that is sad.

Skyrim is pretty close to beeing a "perfect game" in my opinion, There are just a few things that need to be improved. And for that we have mods! I have found mods for all the things that I thought were missing in Skyrim.

The only thing I haven't found yet is a mod that adds more depth.

It feels to me that your actions have no consequences, that is the main problem I have with Skyrim.

It is just strange how the player-character is supposed to be the Dragonborn, a legendary figure, but not even he/she can change anything for the better. That's why I nearly always roleplay as a non-dragonborn character.

You maybe want to ask me now: Dude, what's your problem? It's just a game, why do you take Skyrim so seriously?

Because for me, Skyrim feels like home. A place where I can always go to, when the real world gets too painful and sad. Without Skyrim (or Oblivion a few years ago) I wouldn't be here today ... I know that this sounds cheesy, but it is how I feel.. Maybe I need help ...

But anyway, I want to make Skyrim a better place add some depth to Skyrim, so it feels a bit more "real", but not in a depressing sad way (like the real world).

Because it just feels like there's something missing in Skyrim, but I don't really know what exactly ...

Sorry for writing all of this, I just had to put all of this somewhere ...

• 5 months later...

If you want a Quest Mod that feels like every decision you make has consequences, try Maids 2: Deception.

I know that is a giant quest mod, but you end up so involved with the characters, you can easily lose yourself in the storyline.

As far as the base game goes, finishing the civil war questline gives *some* depth. Looking around at the ruins of Whiterun while Stormcloaks patrol the streets shows me that my choice in joining them mattered. But yes, aside from that the base game is woefully lacking in showing the consequences of your actions.

For mods, I've found Helgen Reborn to be alright. You get to turn the charred remains into a functioning settlement and, more importantly for me, you get to decide if Helgen joins the empire, Ulfric, or stays independent.

Yes, I've got Helgen Reborn and I'm a huge fan of Maids 2: Deception (really fantastic storyline that just totally makes you forget about the rest of Skyirm)...

Is there a good working Civil War reworked mod?

Is there anything that adds continued depth to the factions (like the Thieves Guild)?

Thanks for all the answers, I thought nobody would answer to this.

A short while ago I started to come up with ideas to improve the quests of the game, or for completely new ones and I am now trying to learn how the whole CreationKit quest scripting stuff works and so far it's going great. If you know how to use the CreationKit you really start feeling like god :laugh: