WHERE ARE ALL THE QUEST MODS?!?!

GuymanBot

Try making a quest mod and then having all the DLC as a requirement. Or ANY mod for that matter.

You're going to get the usual furious people who complain that they don't have the DLC and are never going to buy it, and why can't you make the quest mod WITHOUT the DLC, or make your mod with every possible every mathematical combination of DLC so that EVERYBODY can play it, because after all, that's what you're supposed to be doing as a modder!!! /s

Excuse me while I rant, but I really need to ask this. Why are there not more quest mods available for this game. There was a time like two years ago where it looked like we were finally getting good FO4 quest mods, but those just stopped coming. Ever since then it's just settlements, weapons, gameplay adjustments that sometimes copy each other, and of course sexy presets. What happened? I know the dialogue might be an obvious reason, but we now have the tools to bypass it and make it more like 3 and NV. And I do know that there are a handful of "DLC mod" teams that are making huge mods, but those probably won't come out for another 2-3 years if we are lucky. It just pisses me off because it feels like in the golden age of Bethesda games we had a good balance of mods. But now that balance is out of whack, and it makes me concerned for the future of modding.

Why? Because when mod authors make quest mods, they have to put up with garbage like this.

I've noticed a relative lack of quest mods compared to other types.

Two things:

1. We don't get paid. Maybe ask Bethesda to change that policy if you want both higher quantity and quality of mods. There are many people with the right skills to mod who simply don't care because it's not paying the electricity you need to OPEN the Creation Kit let alone finish a mod. And I'm sure many modders would make far larger projects if they were paid.

And no, the Creation Club isn't enough, it's extremely selective about which modders are allowed to submit content there and what type of content. The community basically has almost no say in it.

I will personally testify that I would be making much larger mods more frequently if I could make a living from it or hell, at least enough to buy food. I would like to do something on the scale of say an island with a faction war with multiple endings. I just don't have the time for that, I have a real job to get to.

2. Most people frankly lack the ability to make even simple quest mods to the extent that they could pass off as a genuine Fallout 4 quest. Papyrus takes a lot of patience to understand too. I mean the quest logs need update properly, the NPCs need to say the right things at the right time, you need to fix bugs and exploits that easily break the quest etc.

Since they're not successful at it, they tend to quit. Hence, less quest mods.

And once again, many of those who could mod quests don't, or they mod far less because it's not a job.

If you feel strongly enough about this, either get Bethesda to change policy on mod monetization, or make some quest mods.

Edited by ToroMontana

Well, I have already seen many mod authors that have a patreon side (for one of the Fallout's, Skyrim and/or the Sims 3/4). It is not the same like "getting paid", but a few make good money with it. Wish that would be more accepted and established because I think that both sides benefit from it. The mod-authors and the users.

As long, as nobody is forced to pay, I am fine with that.

Edited by taryl80

I don't know if you know this or not man, but mod authors don't owe you anything. Want to see some quest mods? Be the change you want to see in the world and make one yourself. Maybe then you'll see just how difficult and time consuming it actually is. Edited by TomTesoro

I took a look at the corresponding session and saw that it has several quests mods =/

What do the op wants, a new one; dlc size; each month?

Well if it's not a DLC sized, story driven and multi-branched narrative quest mod then it's not worth a dime. And it better bring in lots of new creatures and guns and armors. Also has to be balanced and work without DLC and be compatible with these 200 other mods.

Strawberry ice cream? Wargh!

I take french fries and enough mayonnaise to bath in over everything :).

But a unicorn... There was something... Yennefer? Yennefer!?... I think we should meet again :wink:.

Edited by taryl80