Sorry but Vortex isn't what i expected

Falloutnero

Sorry but Vortex is very hard and not so friendly to use, the conflict handler is a mess and the list of mod installed is very confusing, the way the things are sorted too. Sadly i must go back to Nexus Mod Manager because is more easy and simple to use.

"The conflict handler is a mess" - in what way do you reckon it could be improved?

The mod list can be sorted however you want, be it by version, author, installation time, source, category, endorsement status, install order, dependencies, and you can even set your own visual "highlights" on mods. I would like to say that is a fairly extensive list that helps you sort your mods (visually) any way you want, really.

What exactly do you think is simpler about the way NMM presents itself?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but Vortex is very hard and not so friendly to use, the conflict handler is a mess and the list of mod installed is very confusing, the way the things are sorted too. Sadly i must go back to Nexus Mod Manager because is more easy and simple to use.

I have to say I agree. I really don't like Vortex, I much prefer NMM. Its much easier to use. I'll stick with that for now.

Vortex is not that hard or complicated. Once you have wrye bash hooked up to it it is more or less as simple to move plugins as it ever was. Even without extra programs you can actually set your own rules within vortex.

But why would you?, game does not care if your clothing mods are placed next to each other, but what it does care about are the individual overwrites, and vortex offer way more accessibility in that regard.

Mentioning this because it seems to be the biggest issue people are facing.

Latest patch made it even more streamlined and user friendly. Of cause, it will take some time getting used to, as everything else does. But vortex IS the endgame for all other managers, pretty sure about that.

Here is the list of changes, which maybe will not make new users happy:

(bear in mind I'm not really good tester of features as I discovered recently, so it may not be correct)

1. NMM handled more of downloads

2. NMM had informative easy to see = colored icons

3. NMM had download missing info for 1 or all mods (every feature was for 1 or all mods) so you wouldn't have a problem with 200 NMM imported mods with searching for the way how to install them properly again between grey and even more greish records

4. NMM had feature of hiding information in a list you didn't want to see - like downloaded mods list - I don't need to install mods from download page, for me it is mainly a list to see and handle downloading (atleast that was in NMM) I know I can sort it, but before it was clear what is there finished and what is not by easy clear list feature. Or atleast if it would be different with colored version of finished/paused/downloading, everything is just grey.

5. there is sticky information of the last info - in NMM it just poped up, I didn't have to click on everything to get rid of it.

And I didn't even start installing, because as I said I don't know where to find my texture mods - that tree view in NMM was more visually clear.

6. I have bad feeling that after it will be the main manager, there will be implemented annoying advertising features and generally more annoying before you pay features, which wasn't in NMM :sad:

Maybe it would be good idea to have 1 color scheme simulating NMM, so people would see something similar? not just grey/black option? or something colored like green text for not installed, red for unintsalled and blue for active text or something :p

Edited by Mudran

Here is the list of changes, which maybe will not make new users happy:

(bear in mind I'm not really good tester of features as I discovered recently, so it may not be correct)

3. NMM had download missing info for 1 or all mods (every feature was for 1 or all mods) so you wouldn't have a problem with 200 NMM imported mods with searching for the way how to install them properly again between grey and even more greish records

4. NMM had feature of hiding information in a list you didn't want to see - like downloaded mods list - I don't need to install mods from download page, for me it is mainly a list to see and handle downloading (atleast that was in NMM) I know I can sort it, but before it was clear what is there finished and what is not by easy clear list feature. Or atleast if it would be different with colored version of finished/paused/downloading, everything is just grey.

5. there is sticky information of the last info - in NMM it just poped up, I didn't have to click on everything to get rid of it.

And I didn't even start installing, because as I said I don't know where to find my texture mods - that tree view in NMM was more visually clear.

6. I have bad feeling that after it will be the main manager, there will be implemented annoying advertising features and generally more annoying before you pay features, which wasn't in NMM :sad:

Maybe it would be good idea to have 1 color scheme simulating NMM, so people would see something similar? not just grey/black option? or something colored like green text for not installed, red for unintsalled and blue for active text or something :tongue:

Vortex handles a number of downloads just fine, as long as you set the Downloads threasds to 10

Vortex has huge Green, Orange, and Blue Buttons, and Green and Red Lightning Bolt Icons, not sure which Icons you're referring to

I have no idea what you're talking about, as far as importing Vortex is having a problem with importing NMM because NMM corrupts the files

4. NMM had feature of hiding information in a list you didn't want to see - like downloaded mods list - I don't need to install mods from download page, for me it is mainly a list to see and handle downloading (atleast that was in NMM) I know I can sort it, but before it was clear what is there finished and what is not by easy clear list feature. Or at least if it would be different with colored version of finished/paused/downloading, everything is just grey.

You've made it clear that you haven't spent any time with Vortex, because you can use the ENABLED, DISABLED Filters on BOTH the MODS and PLUGINS tab, that will hide those Mods.

Also, the MODS Tab isn't the "Downloads Page", it's the Tab that you use to sort the Textures, Meshes, BA2, BSAs etc of the Mod.

Then how did you close those popups in NMM then?

Maybe it would be good idea to have 1 color scheme simulating NMM, so people would see something similar? not just grey/black option? or something colored like green text for not installed, red for unintsalled and blue for active text or something :tongue:

That's what SETTINGS------>THEME--------CLONE THEME is for, so you can change the Colors and Font of the Interface to your liking.

Again, that shows that you haven't spent much time at all with Vortex.