Sorry but Vortex isn't what i expected

Falloutnero

Also vortex will never have ads or pay for features

Well, it already has "pay for" features, as some stuff is locked behind Premium. But the same stuff was also locked behind "pay for" membership in NMM as well, so it's a non-issue.

Great, thanks for info.

1. NMM handled more of downloads

Vortex handles a number of downloads just fine, as long as you set the Downloads threasds to 10

2. NMM had informative easy to see = colored icons

Vortex has huge Green, Orange, and Blue Buttons, and Green and Red Lightning Bolt Icons, not sure which Icons you're referring to

3. NMM had download missing info for 1 or all mods (every feature was for 1 or all mods) so you wouldn't have a problem with 200 NMM imported mods with searching for the way how to install them properly again between grey and even more greish records

I have no idea what you're talking about, as far as importing Vortex is having a problem with importing NMM because NMM corrupts the files

4. NMM had feature of hiding information in a list you didn't want to see - like downloaded mods list - I don't need to install mods from download page, for me it is mainly a list to see and handle downloading (atleast that was in NMM) I know I can sort it, but before it was clear what is there finished and what is not by easy clear list feature. Or at least if it would be different with colored version of finished/paused/downloading, everything is just grey.

You've made it clear that you haven't spent any time with Vortex, because you can use the ENABLED, DISABLED Filters on BOTH the MODS and PLUGINS tab, that will hide those Mods.

Also, the MODS Tab isn't the "Downloads Page", it's the Tab that you use to sort the Textures, Meshes, BA2, BSAs etc of the Mod.

5. there is sticky information of the last info - in NMM it just poped up, I didn't have to click on everything to get rid of it.

Then how did you close those popups in NMM then?

Thanks for the answer.

1. Thanks for info. I didn't find it in settings before, because I didn't know with my english that thread means download.

2. I checked NMM again and it really does have similar icons, I don't know why I thought it was colored, maybe only disabled mods were red. so I guess the only difference was white background and black text. I don't know why NMM felt more clear to read and search in mod list.

3. Only downloaded mods with Vertex show their Nexus category, but not those imported. The solution was to check for missing info in NMM and I didn't find that option in Vortex. The only feature I discovered was check for updates - and it is not clear if 1 selected mod or all - because still no info is shown.

4. I wasn't talking about mods tab, but about managing of downloads - you can think about it as steam downloads - only those, which are downloading are there and you can clear list after you finished download - that is now missing in Vortex, but it was in NMM, and the downloaded list is not useful for me, because all the downloaded mods are in mods tab.

5. I think it was there a few secs - that is not really important, maybe with that colored button it is so visible that I noticed it too much :tongue:

Edited by Mudran

I have to add something positive as well:

I do like that all games are there, I don't need to restart the program all the time.

I do like the modern design, I can imagine it could be easily redesigned to modders liking - like gothic feel, or cartoonish like from google.

I do like how it is all connected with the news table and all.

and sorry for giving for all that not important feedback :p.

Edited by Mudran

Or maybe it is important - after I would have to click on 150 announcements about how Vortex didn't recognize almost all NMM mods and I should install them again through download... I would rather see that information next to that mod.

I will have to delete it and start again.

EDIT:

I wish there would be export option in NMM which would add all mods not just active and upload them if you first get missing informations on mods and then use the info for export.

Edited by Mudran

Well, it already has "pay for" features, as some stuff is locked behind Premium. But the same stuff was also locked behind "pay for" membership in NMM as well, so it's a non-issue.

Well I meant beyond what was already on nmm. Like "you like using this manger for your games? Well go premium and you can increase your managed game count from 10 to unlimited!" Kinda thing. Or like loot boxes. Lol imagine a mod manger with loot boxes.