Dralla32

Dralla32

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Hello!

It's my first time posting in here :)

I have been making personal mods for quite a while (making the mesh in blender, weighting it and then converting the mmh.xml and msh.xml files by using the tools from the toolset). Until now, it was working well, I had no issues. Unfortunately, whenever I try to "convert" the msh.xml file into a .msh file by using the GraphicsProcessorMSH.exe, it doesn't work. I can create the .mmh just fine by the way.

The issue is that as soon as I enter the command .\GraphicsProcessorMSH -platform pc mmdtogff [name of the file].msh.xml, it just start processing and then nothing (it doesn't say 1 files has been succesfully processed or it failed, it says processing and nothing else). I would also add that even though it doesn't work 90% of the time, sometimes I can get a .msh file out of the blue but I have no idea why because I do nothing differently.

It isn't anything about administrator rights because I have them. I checked my firewall just in case and that's not it. Also, I have Windows 10 and I am wondering if it isn't the problem.

Is there someone who had this issue?

Thank you very much in advance, I am little desperate because I really don't know what happened between 3 months ago when I could get my .msh files just fine and now I can't.

Makacha

Makacha

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

I had the same issue recently and it was due to the way I named my meshes in Blender. I can't exactly tell why it happened, as the name I used was nothing special, but apparently the exporter did add some unicode characters to the generated .xml file that couldn't be interpreted by the compiler.

It's easy to check and to correct, though: open your .xml file in a text editor and look for the line <MeshGroup Name="your_mesh_name " Optimize="none">

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ModelMeshData Name="output\test_tevin2.msh" Version="V1.0">
	<MeshGroup Name="uni_hm_slavetevinter_a " Optimize="none">
		<Data Semantic="POSITION" ElementCount="2853" Type="FLOAT3">
		<![CDATA[ -0.097900 1.635742 -0.053436 

If you see an unusual or blank character at the end of the mesh name (as shown in my example above) just delete it. Then save your file and recompile it, it should work now.

The issue is more obvious if you open your file in Notepad++:

Attached File  CompilationIssue.jpg   162.85KB   0 downloads

I hope this helps.

Edited by Makacha, 12 February 2019 - 12:06 PM.

Dralla32

Dralla32

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Thank you for your answer and I'm sorry for not coming back to you earlier but I had a busy week and I was too tired to tear my hair out over this lol.

So actually, it was entirely my fault. What I did in Blender is make "quads" of the triangles. Big mistake! It cannot compile into a .msh file if you have too many "quads" in your mesh. As soon as I triangulated it (so make all of the quads into triangles again), it was working again perfectly. That will teach me to try stuff I shouldn't have!

Thank you for trying to resolve my issue!

Anyway, I hope that if someone has ever that kind of issue, they'll find the answer here and take notes : don't play too much with your mesh in blender if you don't know what you're doing (like me lol).

Makacha

Makacha

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Thank you for letting me know how you managed to solve your issue, I learned something new today.

Is there any chance that you'll ever release your mods?

Edited by Makacha, 17 February 2019 - 04:41 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.947 seconds