We're making a new mod/game - Fallout Redemption

GeminiVortex

I see a lot of ambition, which isn't bad by itself.

we’ve only started on this a month ago, and we have made more progress in this short period of time than we have seen others make in projects of similar magnitude

Seems like you don't need people then, that's good. Cuz I would go really harsh on you otherwise. Best of luck to you guys!

we have created about 30 new locations to enter and experience – with each of them being carefully created according to the local lore we’ve added and the feel of post-apocalyptia

show, don't tell

Screenshots, videos, le good stuff

Why not both?

edit:

That's the thing, the more content you show - the more trust you will gain both from users, and modmakers (who might be interested in joining your team). Over the years we've seen hundreds of "idea-guys" and dozens of big projects that never escaped pre-design doc stages.

Edited by Xilandro

I have experience with worldspaces and large mods, and I have been working on some large mods for a very long time. The first thing that really stands out is that your mod is extremely ambitious for a team of two people, especially if you don't have a lot of experience and are learning as you go.

That lack of experience is another big red flag. Creating worldspaces is something that is not well documented, and also gets you into some of the buggiest parts of the GECK. I also had to learn through trial and error while pouring through what documentation I could find. I worked on a large mod for over two years before scrapping it all and starting over because I had learned and figured out enough to know that I had built it wrong from the ground up, and there was no way to properly fix it at that point. Someday I hope to properly document how to create a worldspace, because it is so poorly documented and because of how much trial and error it took me to finally get it right.

I wish you luck with your mod. What you have outlined is a huge undertaking, especially for a small team.

I also wish you luck. My own small contribution to such efforts is attempting to pull together various "lessons learned" from those in the trenches into a Nexus "resource" called the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article. (What madmongo has published as advice on building worldspaces so far is in there.)

You may not be aware, but the official Bethesda GECK wiki is falling out of date as the modding community found it's update controls extremely onerous (5 ReCapchas per edit). It has been cloned and now is the primary source for community additions (such as NVSE and added plugin functions) as the "GECKWiki" site.

-Dubious-

Thanks for all the feedback! We have actually come to know a few of you by researching modding - and have come across the wiki article...and indeed, Bethesda's GECK wiki is sh...

Nonetheless, before we even started, just as we were planning it "on paper" so to speak, we researched as much as we could on everything to do with such an undertaking and weighed and measured if we would be willing or interested to see our idea through...and here we are!

@Radioactivelad - Thanks for the offer! When we get to that point, we'll consider it and PM you.

We have quickly created a Facebook page to share some screenshots. We will update this page with screenshots, footage, updates etc as we progress: https://www.facebook.com/FalloutRedemption/

Edited by GeminiVortex