OBGE bizarre graphical glitches

KoolooLimpah123

Unfortunately I cannot share any screenshots of this because my keyboard doesn't have a prnt-screen key.

Here's the issue:

I'm running OBSE Oblivion through steam through wine on a mac. So far, everything works perfect (mods are a pain in the ass to install but once I do it right they work fine).

I wanted to install DR6 so I went through the process the author described, and installed all the requirements, including the menuque, obge core, and nifse plugins through wrye bash.

However, upon booting up the game with obse - even with all mods disabled - I get a host of graphical glitches. My character has a weird, silvery layer around him and when I fast travel anywhere he becomes completely invisible, as do all other npcs. The ground becomes completely invisible, but objects such as rocks, trees and buildings are still mostly visible - however they are sometimes partially transparent or missing chunks. I'm almost certain the only errors are graphical because I can still move around and jump etc. My most recent save is on a hill and I can move about on said hill and take fall damage - but I can't see where I am relative to anything because most things are invisible.

The only issue I can see is that in Wrye Bash, the OBGE core symbol is a yellow diamond with a cross instead of the usual green. Under the 'conflicts' tab it says:

= Higher ========================================

==1== NifSE Release
.DS_Store
But I don't know what this means or how to fix it. It also says just .DS_Store under the 'mismatched' tab.
Under the conflicts tab of NifSE, it says:
= Higher ========================================
==1== NifSE Release
.DS_Store

I've tried various things like using a bashed patch, archive invalidation, playing around with different adjustments to graphics settings, but nothing seems to work. I would much appreciate any help!

".DS_Store" is a usually-hidden system file from MacOS. There's similar in Windows, too. They shouldn't really be visible in these apps, but I think that's what happens when different OS mix.

I'm a Mac user myself, but I'm running the game inside a virtual machine, not Wine, so I don't really know much of anything about it at all. But did you make sure your Wine skin/wrapper/whatever also provides what OBGE requires?

There's someone around here who knows these things in and out. Once they show up here, they'll definitely tell you more.