Heavy Traffic ×

Error: Failed to initialize LOOT

JonySnow

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although, I don't have any mods downloaded into Vortex for the C drive games as of yet, if that makes any difference. Don't see why it should, but thought I'd add anyway.

Yea, that's going to make a difference eventually, because Vortex will complain that it won't be able to activate any mods for the games on C: because the mod staging folder is on F:

Can't I just set up a mod staging folder on C as well? And also, just copy/paste the Black Tree Gaming folder into F?

Nope, just one central mod staging folder for now, (I wonder if it's being considered in the future?)

Actually I'm not exactly sure, because there IS an option to set a staging folder for each game, but I THINK it still keeps the Sub-Folder the same

IE my Mod Staging Folder for Skyrim SE

D:\Games\Mods\Skyrim SE

All of my mod staging folders are like this

D:\Games\Mods\Skyrim SE

D:\Games\Mods\Fallout 3

D:\Games\Mods\Fallout New Vegas

D:\Games\Mods\Fallout 4

So, I think if I tried to make a Mod Staging Folder on Drive C: for Oblivion, what Vortex would do, is this

C:\Games\Mods\Skyrim SE

C:\Games\Mods\Fallout 3

C:\Games\Mods\Fallout News Vegas

C:\Games\Mods\Fallout 4

C:\Games\Mods\Oblivion

Which would mean that NOW the Mods, for the Games on Drive D would stop working

Hunh, hmm. So I guess Vortex will force you to have all of your games on the same drive? But that still doesn't explain why it worked at first, and then (apparently??) moved the BTG folder to C when the mod staging folder is on F. Ugh, I may just go back to manually installing.

Hunh, hmm. So I guess Vortex will force you to have all of your games on the same drive? But that still doesn't explain why it worked at first, and then (apparently??) moved the BTG folder to C when the mod staging folder is on F. Ugh, I may just go back to manually installing.

It worked at first because you don't have any mods for the games on your C drive yet.
I'm not sure why you're getting that problem with your game on F.

You don't get any warning about "NO DEPLOYMENT METHOD" or anything like that?

​Check

Is there no room left on your F drive to move the games?

​What's BTG?

Hi Everyone. Downloaded Vortex yesterday and am getting the 'Failed to initialize LOOT' error message. My game is on my F: drive, if that makes a difference.

In the details section it reads:

"F:\Prey\steamapps\common\Fallout 4 VR\"
at c.handleResponse (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\webpack:\gamebryo-plugin-management\node_modules\loot\index.js:167:1)
at Socket.handleResponse (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\webpack:\gamebryo-plugin-management\node_modules\loot\index.js:80:1)
at emitOne (events.js:116:13)

at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
at Socket.emit (events.js:211:7)
at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:263:12)
at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:250:11)
at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:208:10)
at Pipe.onread (net.js:594:20)

Should I be worried that I don't have a \webpack:\ directory? Or a \nodes_modules\ directory either?