Error: Failed to initialize LOOT

JonySnow

No as i don't know what happen to all my Mods and i don't want to start again to download 200 Mods and fix them again so i try to direct Install same as update and all files from C was cancel and place correct on the F drive.I control even in the registry if there are double entries but all is ok.

Is your "Failed to Initialize LOOT" error message like the first post in this thread?

His problem was that there's a bug in the 0.17.3 release that is apparently having a problem with Cyrillic characters, THe OP is Russian and Vortex is reading one of his paths wrong because it uses Cyrillic characters (is what I'm getting from the post and Tannin's response)

Error: Given game local path "C:\Users\Ð ÑÐ ÐС‚Ð ÑÐ Ð\AppData\Local\Fallout4" does not resolve to a valid directory.
at c.handleResponse (C:\Modding\Tools\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\webpack:\gamebryo-plugin-management\node_modules\loot\index.js:167:1)
at Socket.handleResponse (C:\Modding\Tools\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\webpack:\gamebryo-plugin-management\node_modules\loot\index.js:80:1)
at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
at Socket.emit (events.js:211:7)
at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:263:12)
at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:250:11)
at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:208:10)
at Pipe.onread (net.js:594:20)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No i have the same as this Players

Error: symlink_status: The parameter is incorrect.
: "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\"
at c.handleResponse (D:\Games\Vortex install location\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\webpack:\gamebryo-plugin-management\node_modules\loot\index.js:167:1)
at Socket.handleResponse (D:\Games\Vortex install location\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\webpack:\gamebryo-plugin-management\node_modules\loot\index.js:80:1)

Hi Everyone. Downloaded Vortex yesterday and am getting the 'Failed to initialize LOOT' error message. My game is on my F: drive, if that makes a difference.

In the details section it reads:

"F:\Prey\steamapps\common\Fallout 4 VR\"

at c.handleResponse (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\webpack:\gamebryo-plugin-management\node_modules\loot\index.js:167:1)

at Socket.handleResponse (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\webpack:\gamebryo-plugin-management\node_modules\loot\index.js:80:1)

Should I be worried that I don't have a \webpack:\ directory? Or a \nodes_modules\ directory either?

I'm confused why your Fallout 4 VR directory is inside your PREY directory?

I got rather confused when trying to move Prey from my C: drive to my SSD. I thought I was naming the directory for Prey to live in, I was actually naming the directory for Steam games on my SSD. Oops.

Regarding my system:

I have Steam games on both C: and F:. Vortex is on C: (used the automatic install). My mod staging folder is on F: and downloads are on C:

Last Windows update was 15/2/19 (KB4023057) and is up to date.

I don't know how to check if my .Net install is up to date. I just updated Java and reopened Vortex - still get the error message. I use Microsoft built in PC protection. I am the admin on my PC, but don't run either application as admin.

Thanks for the help here, HadToRegister :-)

The Possibility to update come when you open Vortex.You get inside e Message that is a new Version and if you want to install it.If you say yes Vortex close get the update and then start again.He make all alone you can chose nothing more then to say yes i want the update.

But to see if that was the problem i download the Installer where i can chose where to install and install Vortex to the same Drive as all the rest of Vortex is so F but nothing the same Problem

The Updater will install Vortex to the same place it finds Vortex, so no worries there.

Did you uninstall the other Vortex first?

I chose the custom installer, like pretty much all my games since I never put anything on C safe for misc Windows programs and drivers. Upon the update it never prompted me to choose anything, it just updated and made a folder on C instead of F where my Steam and Vortex were, making me end with two copies of Vortex on different drives.

I chose the custom installer, like pretty much all my games since I never put anything on C safe for misc Windows programs and drivers. Upon the update it never prompted me to choose anything, it just updated and made a folder on C instead of F where my Steam and Vortex were, making me end with two copies of Vortex on different drives.

That's really weird that that's happening to some people but not others.

I updated from 0.16.5 to 0.17.3 and Vortex put everything right where I installed it last year, in my D:\Games\Vortex folder.

I don't understand what's causing it to work for some but not for others.

I have Loot and Vortex on drive C, and Steam and Skyrim SE on drive D, along with my Vortex staging directory.

I have a US English edition of 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, build 1809. My username is my initials, mpn, all lower case.

If I start Loot on its own, from the start menu, it works perfectly.

If I start it from the Vortex dashboard the Loot settings screen comes up every time, and when I tell it to apply the settings a red box appears saying: "Error: Game-specific settings could not be initialised. Cannot set the current game: the game with folder "skyrimse" is not installed." There is another, larger white window that says: "Error No current game to get. OK."

I note from Vortex' diagnostic logs that, rather than "found game location=" Vortex reports "potential match D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_loader.exe" and down at the end of the file are 2 entries as follows:

Sat, 16 Feb 2019 21:23:53 GMT - error: C:\Program Files (x86)\LOOT\loot.exe: [0216/132353.972:ERROR:main_delegate.cc(758)] Could not load cef_extensions.pak
Sat, 16 Feb 2019 21:23:54 GMT - error: C:\Program Files (x86)\LOOT\loot.exe: [0216/132354.352:ERROR:cache_util_win.cc(19)] Unable to move the cache: 5

Note: If I start Loot from inside Vortex for any other game (Fallour 3 or New Vegas for instance), it also works perfectly.

Yes, I have tried uninstalling Loot and its appdata cache and reinstalling.

I have Loot and Vortex on drive C, and Steam and Skyrim SE on drive D, along with my Vortex staging directory.

I have a US English edition of 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, build 1809. My username is my initials, mpn, all lower case.

If I start it from the Vortex dashboard the Loot settings screen comes up every time, and when I tell it to apply the settings a red box appears saying: "Error: Game-specific settings could not be initialised. Cannot set the current game: the game with folder "skyrimse" is not installed." There is another, larger white window that says: "Error No current game to get. OK."

I note from Vortex' diagnostic logs that, rather than "found game location=" Vortex reports "potential match D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_loader.exe" and down at the end of the file are 2 entries as follows:

Sat, 16 Feb 2019 21:23:53 GMT - error: C:\Program Files (x86)\LOOT\loot.exe: [0216/132353.972:ERROR:main_delegate.cc(758)] Could not load cef_extensions.pak
Sat, 16 Feb 2019 21:23:54 GMT - error: C:\Program Files (x86)\LOOT\loot.exe: [0216/132354.352:ERROR:cache_util_win.cc(19)] Unable to move the cache: 5

Note: If I start Loot from inside Vortex for any other game (Fallour 3 or New Vegas for instance), it also works perfectly.