Morrowind, Do you agree with letting your child, underage of 17, play Morrowind

Deleted54170User

I didn't have issues with my kids playing certain games because I actually TALKED about the games and situations with them. Some of my kids were more mature at certain ages and what I found OK for one at a certain age wasn't necessarily the same across the board.

I was 12 when I played it first. Really out of all the Elder Scrolls it's subject material ain't bad just hard to follow for younger minds due to all the readin n stuff.

I made the error of typing a 7 instead of a 2. 12 years old and up; is what the age is the game is for, and 12 is what was supposed to be in the header.

The game amused me mostly because of the books in the game. I had many books I had, had read to me; and more I had read. The books in Morrowind linked to many of them and reminded me of many books I nearly had forgotten.

Wasn't there another book that had an interesting title, but, the only text was "redacted due to content" or some such? :D

Some mention was made that got some girls chatting which may still be deep in the archives of Forums nexusmods from back when it was TESnexus. They were playing the game searching for the Easter Eggs.

Here's an Easter Egg!

:sad: April Fools! :laugh:

I've never played Morrowind, but I did grow up with Duke Nukem 3D. I remember playing it without the parental lock as an adolescent in the late '90s. I played the Genesis version of Mortal Kombat because it had the blood code, another example of Genesis doing what Nintendon't. I'd say the same principle applies to Morrowind.

Edited by WeissYohji

I read all the posts for this thread and to my surprise Morrowind appears to be ok for children younger than twelve years old and even for some who were maybe even 9, 10, and 11 too.

I guess the ideals of the guild's businesses, Dunmers tribes lifestyles, and the books with occasional lessons from RL didn't really gain much attention.

• 2 months later...

I was 12 when first time played vanilla version. I had my first pc when I was 10 and it was always only my choice which games I play (my mother wasn't into playing). By years I give try to lot of games that normally are for olders, GTA, Manhunt, Quake, BloodRayne, Counter Strike and more… Now I'm 26 and currently I'm playing only in two games (Fallout 4, Detroit Become Human), how I see that from time perspective? It doesn't changed anything in my life. Will I agree to let my child play in such games? Dunno, time will show but I guess even if say no he will go to some friend that already owe GTA 8 or CS:GO 3 or find another way to play it :P we can't 100% control what our kids see or are doing so I think it's better to talk about it and show than say 'don't do it!' cause it will works like forbidden fruit.