Getting RaceMenu Version Error when starting SkyrimVR

SoScandalous

I don't know if it matters, but I'm starting Skyrim using SKSEVR.

The error message said RaceMenu Version Error: expected game version 1.5.62.0, but my version of Skyrim is 1.4.15.1. I looked around my Steam settings trying to find a way to check for a SkyrimVR update, but couldn't find anything.

I thought about trying to use an older version of RaceMenu, but there wasn't a column on the page that said what versions of SkyrimVR that the older versions of RaceMenu used.

Would trying an older version of RaceMenu work? If so, which version?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No progress and there won't be progress unless and until the developer makes it open-source or decides to adopt SKSEVR as well.

RaceMenu is closed source (meaning only the developer has the source code) and the developer does not have a VR headset.

Hence, no interest in or tools to test expansion of this mod into SKSEVR.

The first character creation mod that incorporates the SKSEVR is going to get alot of attention.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't link the source code for SKSE. I linked the code for SKEE, which is the SKSE64 plugin that RaceMenu SE uses. It's a combination of NiOverride.dll and CharGen.dll that the Oldrim version used (and they're also open source). If you look at the author, it's expired6978, which is the author of RaceMenu.

How does having the source code for two separate open source plugins combined to make one open-source plugin which is used by a closed source mod help? I don't know if you're trying to dismiss the argument that the project is closed source or you don't understand the difference between Racemenu and the plugin it injects its code with.

Your argument was that the source is not available and that the author isn't working on it, implying that there's no way for anyone else to work on it. However, the tools are available. The DLL plugin is the main reason that RaceMenu doesn't work for VR. It needs to be compiled with SKSEVR. The source files for all scripts are included in the RaceMenu BSA. The ESPs can easily be edited with the CK or SSEEdit. Only the interface SWF source code isn't included, which admittedly I didn't realize until now, but they can probably be decompiled. Someone with the inclination could get it working and contact expired6978. He's not unwilling to work on it - he just wants to be able to test it before release.

Okay sure, he hasn't given the mod an open source license, so you can't just go and release it yourself without permission. In that sense it's closed source. However, expired6978 was quite eager to get RaceMenu working for SSE while SKSE64 was in progress. Seeing as he released the plugin source on GitHub, I'm guessing that he'd be willing to work with someone.