Latest update uninstalled all my MODS

Arcturus7777

DO the downloads have to be on the c: drive, game is on the i:drive.

Staging was in vortex directory under on i:drive. changed it to I:garyapps\vortexmods\fallout4

I download manually so, i can keep all the mods I installed in MOD folders, Like armor. looks, ect. that way I have every mod, and every version, and if the mod is removed or hidden i still have it. If I delete nexusmod manager, or vortex, I still have it. IF the HARD Drive crashes I still have it on USB.

Vortex can be installed on ANY Drive.

Your Vortex DOWNLOAD folder can be on Any Drive

Your Vortex Mod Staging Folder needs to be on the same drive as your games are installed.

If you download mods with Vortex, they download to the MOD folder you specify, and you will ALWAYS have a copy of them unless you delete them manually or with Vortex.

You can also back them up on a usb drive for safe keeping, the way you're goiong about it, is making it extra hard for YOU and Vortex to keep track of the mods you have, and have installed.

The way Vortex set ups your Download Folder is like this

You specify the Download Folder,

EXAMPLE D:\Vortex Downloads\

Now, whenever you download a mod for Skyrim SE and then decide to download some mods for Fallout 4 too, then your Mod download looks like THIS:

D:\Vortex Downloads\skyrimse

D:\Vortex downloads\fallout4

You should be downloading your mods with Vortex (or Manually), into the Vortex Mod Download folder (and backing them up to your USB drive), that way, Vortex has all of the information about the mods you've downloaded, and when you install them the Mods STILL stay in your Download Folder, then Vortex won't remove your Mods when you update, because it will know about the mods you have installed.

What he means by PURGE, is PURGE will disconnect all of the HARDLINKS from the Mod Staging Folder to the DATA folder and your DATA folder should look like there's no mods in it again

DO the downloads have to be on the c: drive, game is on the i:drive.

Staging was in vortex directory under on i:drive. changed it to I:garyapps\vortexmods\fallout4

I download manually so, i can keep all the mods I installed in MOD folders, Like armor. looks, ect. that way I have every mod, and every version, and if the mod is removed or hidden i still have it. If I delete nexusmod manager, or vortex, I still have it. IF the HARD Drive crashes I still have it on USB.

Vortex can be installed on ANY Drive.

Your Vortex DOWNLOAD folder can be on Any Drive

Your Vortex Mod Staging Folder needs to be on the same drive as your games are installed.

If you download mods with Vortex, they download to the MOD folder you specify, and you will ALWAYS have a copy of them unless you delete them manually or with Vortex.

You can also back them up on a usb drive for safe keeping, the way you're goiong about it, is making it extra hard for YOU and Vortex to keep track of the mods you have, and have installed.

The way Vortex set ups your Download Folder is like this

You specify the Download Folder,

EXAMPLE D:\Vortex Downloads\

Now, whenever you download a mod for Skyrim SE and then decide to download some mods for Fallout 4 too, then your Mod download looks like THIS:

D:\Vortex Downloads\skyrimse

D:\Vortex downloads\fallout4

You should be downloading your mods with Vortex (or Manually), into the Vortex Mod Download folder (and backing them up to your USB drive), that way, Vortex has all of the information about the mods you've downloaded, and when you install them the Mods STILL stay in your Download Folder, then Vortex won't remove your Mods when you update, because it will know about the mods you have installed.

What he means by PURGE, is PURGE will disconnect all of the HARDLINKS from the Mod Staging Folder to the DATA folder and your DATA folder should look like there's no mods in it again

yes, but where is purge?

I saw all the mods in the current download folder, at least it looked like everything was there, they go there when you drag and drop them into Vortex to install.

I want to move them now to the idrive. cause my SSD is geting full.

I know you guys are relying on the load after or before things for overwrite, but that does not show up all the time, I had a problem with XML's not copying over each other at all, and vanilla clothing that was replaced by one mod, and then replaced by another mod, IE same file being overwritten more than once, not showing up as to load order. I do that with my own adds, so that I have part of the THEKITE, PArt elenora, part CROSS, ect in my game. had to put the xmls in manually. the others I have to go by install order, and Bodyslide, order. I have to use bodyslide to get everthing base, then start working on certain items to use other presets. SO, that is why simple click will not work and why it took three weeks to get everything like I wanted, and why I am upset. Anyway since the deploy dir was in the wrong place I messed up.

Just make the the installer idiot proof. ask what drive the games are install on, and what drive do you want the download on, and create and name the directories for us non instruction readers.

Another A,B,C .. lesson ... I got the upgrade today, have 76 mods in my Fallout 4 and 101 in SkyrimSE. All my mods are present.

Switching between games is super fast now and I love that. No issues of any kind whatsoever.

Hi HadToRegister, now I know where the Purge function is. Thanks so much .. lol ... :laugh:

Same here. I upgraded earlier today with no problems whatever. I have 188 active mods in Fallout 4, 136 active mods in Skyrim SE, and 69 active mods in Fallout 3. Nothing has been mysteriously disabled or deleted.

@sopmac45. This thread certainly supports your continual insistence that people absolutely need to do some study before using Vortex.

Another A,B,C .. lesson ... I got the upgrade today, have 76 mods in my Fallout 4 and 101 in SkyrimSE. All my mods are present.

Switching between games is super fast now and I love that. No issues of any kind whatsoever.

Hi HadToRegister, now I know where the Purge function is. Thanks so much .. lol ... :laugh:

LOL, well aren't you just the prefect one.(I will not say what the word one is filling in for.