Latest update uninstalled all my MODS

Arcturus7777

There is no reason an application update would remove your mods, the installer doesn't even touch the game directory or the staging directory. The only thing that gets updated is c:\program files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex (or, if you use the custom installer, the directory you're installing to).

Nothing outside that is affected by the update.

Same here. I upgraded earlier today with no problems whatever. I have 188 active mods in Fallout 4, 136 active mods in Skyrim SE, and 69 active mods in Fallout 3. Nothing has been mysteriously disabled or deleted.

@sopmac45. This thread certainly supports your continual insistence that people absolutely need to do some study before using Vortex.

That is correct Augusta and whoever has been successful Vortex user is because he/she wanted to learn it and that translate into studying whatever you want to learn. Without studying, there is not learning. It is not rocket science and it is something that every single person who knows have to read and write, have experimented in his/her own life and will continue doing so till that person pass away.

We go to school and we must study to learn. We get a job, we receive a training and we must study to pass the training and get the position we applied for. Nothing in this life is getting done without studying but we have a lot of people here lacking that discipline. They are denying to themselves something called : knowledge. I go beyond and I call those people not just lacking the discipline of learning but also lacking dignity because only a baby needs to be taught everything but once that baby grows up and start studying, he/she must learn by themselves for the rest of their lives.

I would like every single Vortex user to be successful and I have tried to help in the past to those having issues to understand it, but neither me nor you or anybody else will make a new user to study if they do not want to. We need to learn from others by asking questions, but also, we need to do our own effort to learn basic stuff.

I remember that you, HadToRegister, Grestorn ( I miss him a lot ), 1aebfb8 ( sorry dude it is too complicated but I know who you are ), rmm200 ( probably wrong too ), others and myself, we had to learn Vortex by monkey around with it, asking questions, reading and participating in threads, watching the only two videos from Gopher and back in our time, we did not have any written procedure at all, on the contrary, we were asking for and still, we were able to learn it because all of us wanted to learn it and all of us had the wish and the discipline to study, observing results, applying concepts, applying advised from Tannin and others till we were able to get the job done.

Now we have dozens of written procedures, videos, hundreds of threads ( they have not been deleted from this forum ) from the past with excellent information about Vortex and we have a dev team plus all of you trying to help new users and still we are getting lazy people who does not do anything to investigate for themselves to learn basic stuff about this simple program. Most of them come to criticize it without knowing it. Most of them come to ask why it does not do things NMM does ( like dragging and drop ) and still they are asking questions about that when that was extensively discussed in one of the longest thread I have participated in. Again, I can continue naming things here but it is not necessary.

I received help from a lot of people but I won't denied that I made a lot of effort from myself to learn Vortex and I have already posted what I did to learn it so I will not repeat what I said already. The point is that yes, I agree that there will be questions and that we need to help, but I also advise those new users to have some dignity on their own and learn the basic stuff by studying the procedures and threads and apply what others have done to learn this excellent program. Long and long time ago I taught some people how to read and write and I have no problem to teach somebody who never was taught that but I will not work with people that on purpose, decided not to study but having somebody else to tell them what to do when the answer for their question is everywhere.

• 4 months later...

im having the same issue, where everytime i update vortex my mods (or i guess the staging area) gets whiped, i guess its because its not on the same drive as the game, but luckly ive had no issues once reinstalling the mods (which stayed just uninstalled) and playing the same save... its just takes a while to re organise and remember all 155 mods i have installed thankfully SkyrimSE is a LOT more stable than the original Skyrim