Am being blocked again

Maharg67

To Nexus people I am being blocked from entering Nexus by normal means and the following message comes up or at least this is how it last did.

Error 1006 Ray ID: 4a849cable12a54e . 2019-02-13 04:39:34 UTC

What happened?

The owner of this website (forums.nexusmods.com) has banned your IP address (***).

Goes on to mention 'Cloudflare ID', one's 'IP' with code and ends with Performance and Security by Cloudfare.

On two separate occasions someone on your IP address has brought down the forums by basically DoS'ing us -- requesting the same page hundred's of times a second (normally one of your posts in Druid's Garden -- the last time it was on this thread). You, your computer, or someone on the same IP address has been doing this. The only way to stop the attack and bring back the forums has been to ban your IP address.

We PM'd you about this on both the forums and on Discord, but apparently you did not answer.

Please respond to the PM.

As strange as this will sound, and I suggest you search my 'messanger' records, I received no PMs either through the Forums or through Discord. My brother, Robert, who is skilled and educated with computer tech in many ways, could find nothing on Discord except for a odd message that vanished away soon after. On record, for myself in Nexus, the last messages have been about Xmas and New Year greetings.

When it comes to Nexus safety I will always support the banning of my IP Address if it proves to be necessary. I have some idea of what is really happening but will choose discretion on this matter. Please be careful!

Hi Graham.

If you ever find you're blocked because of what Dark0ne wrote there's this easy way to change your IP address. It won't hurt your computer. It only will take a moment, or two, and you should be back at writing again.

I only offer this for those moments when no one is around to help you; if and when it happens again just follow the simple instructions. Write them on a sticky note and stick it somewhere you will see it next time you need it.

Click Start->Run, type cmd and press Enter. Type ipconfig /release at the prompt window, press Enter, it will release the current IP configuration.

After it does then type:ipconfig /renew at the prompt window, press Enter, wait for awhile, the DHCP server will assign a new IP addressfor your computer.

The method I use is simpler, but that above way; you can find at any tech site and it will guarantee you a new IP address without shutting down your computer. If your computer is on a long time and never gets a cold start you'll always have the same IP address. Unless your computer is completely unplugged from any electricity, including back up battery systems, or laptops having their batteries removed, as long as the computer has a power source and you don't use the above way or do a complete power off method, your IP will remain the same.

I hope my tip for keeping from getting blocked because of an IP problem helps.

That won't work, it only changes the local address. He needs to switch his modem off and on, assuming his ISP has not assigned a static IP address...but it sounds like he is quite likely on a static IP address.

That won't work, it only changes the local address. He needs to switch his modem off and on, assuming his ISP has not assigned a static IP address...but it sounds like he is quite likely on a static IP address.

Is it common to have a static IP address in Australia?

I didn't know, for sure, if a modem might be the cause of the problem.

Thx.

I've sent you a PM so we can hopefully get to the bottom of what's causing the issue :smile:

Is what you sent to Graham something that would benefit all of the members at the forums if we could use it to help so forums and nexusmods sites were safer because of it?

Is what you sent to Graham something that would benefit all of the members at the forums if we could use it to help so forums and nexusmods sites were safer because of it?

If anything comes of it that benefits the wider community we'll be sure to share. However as far as we can tell this is specific to Mharg's connection.

If anything comes of it that benefits the wider community we'll be sure to share. However as far as we can tell this is specific to Mharg's connection.

I hope Maharg67 gets some mental clarity from your PM so he understands it. Otherwise He may have to rely on his tech wise brother, i.e., if he does not understand what he may need to do with what you've sent him.

If what Maharg suspects isn't remotely even close, it might be best to keep the middle man out and you guide him through the process of what you've sent him.

I hope you and Maharg are communicating on the plan so you know he understands the tech you may be very good at and he not at all.

@Maharg67, I've just had to ban another IP in use by your account. You or your brother really need to get in contact with one of our community managers via discord or support ticket. Some activity from your location is sending thousands of requests to the forum repeatedly.

This last happened exactly a week ago, so if you've set something automated on your end that tries to do something like backup your thread then you need to look at that because it's not working correctly - if you haven't and you've got no idea what might be going on then the only way we're going to solve this is if you can get in contact with us so we can debug it with you.