WhiteGX - Formal warning issued

zcul

WhiteGX has received a formal warning. This user has now received 1 formal warnings. The warning was given for the following reason:

Upload of a mod by another author (originally provided on another site) without the original mod author’s permission for use and redistribution.

Uploader’s mod description (excerpt):

„*DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT THE AUTHOR, I FOUND THIS ON A CHINESE SITE AND FOUND IT REALLY USEFUL TO REPLACE THE HELMET TOGGLE MOD.*

*I DID NOT GET THE AUTHORS PERMISSION, SO I MAY BE REMOVING THIS MOD ANYTIME WHEN THE AUTOR REQUEST * …“

Uploader’s „Permission and credits“:

„Upload permission

You can upload this file to other sites but you must credit me as the creator of the file

Modification permission

You are allowed to modify my files and release bug fixes or improve on the features so long as you credit me as the original creator

Conversion permission

You can convert this file to work with other games as long as you credit me as the creator of the file

Asset use permission

You are allowed to use the assets in this file without permission as long as you credit me“

The uploader has not provided the original author’s permission/sub licence that allows them to give permission for further redistribution, modification, conversion or use of the original mod author’s assets in the file.

Terms and conditions/Policies and Guidelines, File Submission Guidelines (excerpt):

https://help.nexusmods.com/article/28-file-submission-guidelines

Usage and Accreditation

Submissions must conform to the following guidelines:

• Submission of existing user-submitted content without obtaining permission from the original author(s) of said content is strictly prohibited.

• Proper credit to the original author(s) must be given unless the author(s) has/have specified that credit is not necessary. Please, be aware that the mere accreditation of an author is no substitute for receiving explicit permission to upload or modify someone else’s content.

• The uploader is responsible for understanding the legalities involved when using copyrighted work and submissions that contain such content may be removed.

Reference

This warning was issued for what took place here, here

Restrictions in place

As part of the warning, WhiteGX has had the following restrictions placed on his or her account:

This user cannot upload files for 7 days

Important links:

Our terms of service