More games in Donation Points store and minor changes

Dark0ne

In response to post #67827451.

Shadohz wrote: Why not just convert the DPs into gift cards for downloadable games or other items? Individual publishers and service sites sell gift cards so just let the CC reclaim them and do with them as they wish. If they want to use the DPs to give away items to other player so be it. If they want to use it to support EA then I hope they bu.. err I mean enjoy their selection. This way you're not stuck holding the (overhead) bag and the CCs have more options and know a fixed system is in place. The only downside I see to it is some may not want to reveal personal information about themselves to receive gift cards.

Isn't that effectively the same as cashing out via paypal, which is already an option?

In response to post #67827451. #67832111 is also a reply to the same post.

Shadohz wrote: Why not just convert the DPs into gift cards for downloadable games or other items? Individual publishers and service sites sell gift cards so just let the CC reclaim them and do with them as they wish. If they want to use the DPs to give away items to other player so be it. If they want to use it to support EA then I hope they bu.. err I mean enjoy their selection. This way you're not stuck holding the (overhead) bag and the CCs have more options and know a fixed system is in place. The only downside I see to it is some may not want to reveal personal information about themselves to receive gift cards.
opusGlass wrote: Isn't that effectively the same as cashing out via paypal, which is already an option?

It's not the same thing because you don't have to report and pay taxes on gift cards. *cough* Err I mean I was addressing the overhead and fluctuating game cost issue brought up by the author of the article. Edited by Shadohz

In response to post #67825676.

lazyskeever wrote: I am not exactly privy to the logistics involved in getting the deals for games to spend points on, but is it possible that the scope of this system could also be expanded to things like creative software (ie 2D/3D design tools and such)?

It could but we're talking about games that cost a maximum of $60 (and Dark0ne is probably trying to get them on sale so it's probably less per key) as opposed to software that is either already open-source/free, or expensive into the hundred or even thousand dollar range.

Ol' Dark0ne is making the hard calls again. I'm glad we have you as our fearless leader. You're doing a good job; so much better than any other host for ANY other site or game. EA and Bethesda should take notes from you on how to treat their people. You maintain a happy and growing community by doing what's right and good for the gamers, not just what fills your pocket. Please don't ever change. Thank you.

In response to post #67847336.

EnaiSiaion wrote: Thanks. :)

I feel like a prick just withdrawing all the money but it goes towards costs of living while studying. Once I have a real job, I'll start donating my points. <3

I'm on the same page, so don't feel bad. Also *waves* hey Enai.

In response to post #67825676. #67840986 is also a reply to the same post.

lazyskeever wrote: I am not exactly privy to the logistics involved in getting the deals for games to spend points on, but is it possible that the scope of this system could also be expanded to things like creative software (ie 2D/3D design tools and such)?
Roccondil wrote: It could but we're talking about games that cost a maximum of $60 (and Dark0ne is probably trying to get them on sale so it's probably less per key) as opposed to software that is either already open-source/free, or expensive into the hundred or even thousand dollar range.

I would probably imagine it being more like spending points for a month's subscription.