Compatibility Patch Troubles?

Alkuna

Hey all, I could use some help from folks who know their way around mods, Loot and Vortex. I'm playing Skyrim Special Edition.

I'm betting notifications from Loot that I "have not enabled a compatibility patch for this mod. A compatibility patch is provided on this plugin's mod page." But when I check the mod's page, there is no compatibility patch that I can see.... unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

My biggest mess is Legacy of the Dragonborn, which, according to Loot, seems to want a compatibility patch for: Cutting Room Floor, Helgen Reborn, Immersive Sounds Compendium, and Zim's Immersive Artifacts.

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul also seems to have a problem with Cutting Room Floor.

Hey all, I could use some help from folks who know their way around mods, Loot and Vortex. I'm playing Skyrim Special Edition.
I'm betting notifications from Loot that I "have not enabled a compatibility patch for this mod. A compatibility patch is provided on this plugin's mod page." But when I check the mod's page, there is no compatibility patch that I can see.... unless I'm looking in the wrong place?
My biggest mess is Legacy of the Dragonborn, which, according to Loot, seems to want a compatibility patch for: Cutting Room Floor, Helgen Reborn, Immersive Sounds Compendium, and Zim's Immersive Artifacts.
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul also seems to have a problem with Cutting Room Floor.

Sometimes the Compatibility patches are in the installer for the mod.

When LOOT tells you a mod needs a compatibility patch, make sure to go to BOTH mod pages that LOOT is telling you about to look for the patch.

Example

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul and Cutting Room Floor.

If LOOT says that RDO needs a Compatibility patch for CRF, be sure to check both RDO and CRF mod pages for a patch, because one of them will have it.

i recommend downloading this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18369

it has patches for a lot of mods, Cutting Room Floor is covered in that mod.

The Mod will Detect all Possible Mods that it has covered, so it will give you quite a few patches for the mods you have.

also when viewing said mod pages, the Patches are also usually located in the Optional or Miscellaneous Sections of the respective mod page, these will be Located Underneath the Main File section, you will most likely need to Scroll Down on the file page for each respective mod.

So yea, download and installed the mod linked, after that, run loot again and check to see if any other mods need compatibility patches, as said the mod i linked will cover quite a few of your mods. quite a lot of mods will need patches for Cutting Room Floor and Unofficial Community patch if applicable.

When LOOT tells you a mod needs a compatibility patch, make sure to go to BOTH mod pages that LOOT is telling you about to look for the patch.

Yep. *deep sigh* Did that.

i recommend downloading this mod: https://www.nexusmod...tion/mods/18369

Yep! QUASIPC is installed. Fell in love with that one a few months ago.

I also suggest installing all of your mods BEFORE installing the patch mod mentioned above, and install the patch mod mentioned above LAST, that way you'll be sure it detects ALL of the mods that need patching so you won't have to uninstall and reinstall the patch mod.

In fact, one of the steps i took to try to get Loot to stop complaining was to uninstall all my mods and re-download them fresh from NexusMods. Then I installed every other mod, including the main mod before the few patches I could find, except Cutting Room floor and QUASIPC. Then Installed CRF, and finally QUASIPC as the very last one.

Blegh, in hindsight, I probably should have mentioned that in my original post. Sorry about that.

But you can probably see why I came here. I did everything I could think of, including installing fresh, and using QUASIPC as the very last install so that it could detect everything I had and hopefully, everything I needed. So to have Loot STILL saying I'm missing stuff has me basically facedesking with no other ideas.

Edited by Alkuna

I dont think you could have checked the legacy of the dragonborn mod page very thoroughly. There is a download labelled Legacy of the Dragonborn Patches

That contains patches for all the mods you mentioned

At first I couldn't understand what you meant; there was nothing on the mod page. I had to look closer before I realized you meant the tabs with Description and Files on it. That's what you meant, right? under Files. I'd never paid much attention. I figured it would just list the details of what was included, mostly details that modders would understand, so i never clicked on it before.

It looks like this has helped. Loot isn't complaining anymore. Thank you folks very much!

Yeah the Files tab (where you download the main mods from) may have other mods listed. They may be alternative takes on the main mod (such as a mountain texture with grey or brown variants), may be fixes to the main mod, may be optional add ons or extras, patches or old versions of the main mod.

For every mod you download you should make sure you check everything listed under the Files tab to ensure you arent missing anything

So I see! Unfortunately, I had never downloaded from the Files tab. Ever. There's a link available on the Description page that lets you download with Vortex. That's what I've always used, so that's how i missed it.

Edited by Alkuna