Let me give you guys some advice.

tejano2828

#1. Get a SSD and change out your HD

#2. Get a second SSD and backup your OS/SKyrim

When your Skyrim dumps on you get out your good backup Skyrim

and load it back up. Trust me from someone who has been modding ES games

since Morrowind. Some of these issues you guys are having are unsolvable so

the easiest recourse is to just reinstall with your back up SSD....in the end it will save you countless hours of reinstalls plus it lets you experiment with setups without the fear of breaking your #$#$.

Why not use MO AND buy a SSD, they're cheap as hell? If you can afford try getting one of those M.2's. Old SSD format has nothing on them.

Won't help you in Oldrim when game keeps crashing though.

Type in M.2's overheating in google and let me know what you find. To say that M.2 memory has an overheating problem is not overstating what is currently a reality. Type in Mod organizer problems with Skyrim and let me know what you also find....nothing is problem free NOTHING. But getting an SSD for as cheap as 57 dollars for 500gb is well worth the headache of reinstalling your OS. This thread isn't about M.2 memory or about MO2 or even about Nexus Mod Manager IT'S about saving your OS from the hassle of it breaking on you because of Skyrim....Your game is not safe by just installing MO2 if you think that way then you are delusional.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a strange conversation indeed. What is all this about anyway? a video game torching hardware? what?

Windows 1089 the latest version and fully updated has limited issues that stem way back to windows for workgroups 3.1, win95, and NT issues that still follow the Operating systems to this day.

These game run in an factsimally DOS box basically but the OS is NOT configured to run intense operations, even though thre is no sign of degradation, errors occur still.

This is normal for Microsoft.

Now, I know dam well there are trolls here, so for you, the trolls that think you know it all, "Start / run /cmd

type "set" with no quotes. tell ME what you see? it remains the same, what you won't see is config.sys and autoexec.bat BUT, they are in fact renamed and running the show---else where, and the settings are of a 386 PC ,a dinosaur setting.

Hell, there's no need for sound cards so that's been removed. NTFS uses dynamic ram and programs use both.

heat comes from overworking a restricted Environment only.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with every thing as it goes, opinions are abundant.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.316]
© 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\kitty>set
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData
APPDATA=C:\Users\kitty\AppData\Roaming
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=DESKTOP-5UMBMC6
ComSpec=C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
DriverData=C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData
FPS_BROWSER_APP_PROFILE_STRING=Internet Explorer
FPS_BROWSER_USER_PROFILE_STRING=Default
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Users\kitty
LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\kitty\AppData\Local
LOGONSERVER=\\DESKTOP-5UMBMC6
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=4
OneDrive=C:\Users\kitty\OneDrive
OneDriveConsumer=C:\Users\kitty\OneDrive
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Users\kitty\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\Scripts\;C:\Users\kitty\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\;C:\Users\kitty\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=2a07
ProgramData=C:\ProgramData
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)
ProgramW6432=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
PSModulePath=C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules
PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\Windows
TEMP=C:\Users\kitty\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP=C:\Users\kitty\AppData\Local\Temp
USERDOMAIN=DESKTOP-5UMBMC6
USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE=DESKTOP-5UMBMC6
USERNAME=kitty
USERPROFILE=C:\Users\kitty
windir=C:\Windows

C:\Users\kitty>