Could High end modded skyrim be killing my gpu?

Nirwanda001

A short while ago I finally bought a decent gpu (an rx 580). Of course I wanted to play skyrim with great graphic mods finally. After many tries and incompatibilities I managed to get all working alright, no missing textures or meshes, etc. Played for a while until the game froze, though the sound was still playing. Then the monitor went off (still sound). I could do nothing but reset the computer.

Had it happen a second and third time, I noticed a pattern: fire effects, twice I was holding a fire spell and the last I was in whiterun's hall of the dead surrounded by candles. So I removed realistic fire effects.

Continued playing and it worked well for hours, then all of a sudden when talking to an npc the sreen starts blinking (the npc was still talking) the monitor went off (npc still talking) and then the screen went into static like a tv (sound finally froze).

Could all this madness be caused by pushing the gpu to the limit?

Also, we're in summer here in south america, current temperature is 38 ... So maybe it is overheating?

EDIT: I've heard rumors of it being amd related? https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/1473096694437936767/

EDIT2 : So what finally fixed it was underclocking the gpu, you need to underclock skse too. (amd lets you do it on a per-application basis)

EDIT3: In the end bug happened again , so I guess I just got lucky before.

Edited by Nirwanda001