OBS for Streaming and Video Recording

Hey guys. I was recently experimenting with OBS and trying to record Fallout 4. From analysing the footage, a couple of things immediately stood out to me.

1.) The audio quality wasn't the best.

2.) The resolution wasn't the best. (Screen seemed stretched out, did not reflect the level of detail and quality I had in the actual game).

3.) The frame rate wasn't the best either. (Generally choppier, despite showing up as 60 FPS)

What are the recommended settings for OBS in terms of recording videos and streaming? I have two monitors, a 1080p monitor and a 4K one. I play on the 1080p one due to better framerates and the other one is free for other purposes. It is also the monitor that I recorded (the 1080p one). Sorry if I'm not providing enough info, but I'm new to this sort of thing and can barely make heads or tales of it all.

Can you please give me some tips? Thanks.

These settings work for me (1440p)

Thanks for the tip. I'll try those settings when it comes to streaming, but not before testing them.

Right now, I'm focusing more on local recordings of gaming footage more than anything. My specs are the following:

Asus GTX 1070 Turbo

16GB G.Skill Trident Z RAM (3200 MHz)

Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming Motherboard

Windows 10 Pro

Intel i7 7700k CPU

I have two main problems:

1.) Whenever I record with the .flv format, my recordings come out as pixelated and low quality regardless of what settings I choose.

2,) I cannot record in any other file format, as I cannot then open the file due to Windows giving me the following error message:

https://imgur.com/a/MNHpxSm