Vortex mod dependency between Realistic Lighting Overhaul, SMIM

MonsieurPotato

So, I tried to install these two mods (see post title), and Vortex decides to give me the following error:

"There are mod dependency rules that aren't fulfilled.

Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM - SMIM 2-08 v2.08 conflicts with Realistic Lighting Overhaul v5.0.3 - All-In-One-Installer (v5.0.3)"

There's nothing to click other than close, and it tells me no other information. Real useful, eh? I'm wondering where a dependency like this might stem from? What could I have done to have caused it? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Edited by MonsieurPotato

So, I tried to install these two mods (see post title), and Vortex decides to give me the following error:

"There are mod dependency rules that aren't fulfilled.

Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM - SMIM 2-08 v2.08 conflicts with Realistic Lighting Overhaul v5.0.3 - All-In-One-Installer (v5.0.3)"

There's nothing to click other than close, and it tells me no other information. Real useful, eh? I'm wondering where a dependency like this might stem from? What could I have done to have caused it? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

The conflict comes from the fact that Lighting Mods change the Cells in the world, and SMIM is also changing the cells in the world in order to make the higher resolution items.

It's something stupid that happens because of the Embryo Engine, because instead of being able to save just the light, or the item in the cell, it has to save the entire cell

• 1 year later...