Skyrim 3D Trees and Plants - Modded Trees in Distance Not Loading

siearia22

Hey all, I think I'm having a problem with Mathy's Skyrim 3D Trees and Plants mod. I love this frickin mod and just need this part to work.

I'm sure I've seen the solution in the forum, but I can't put it together with what I need to do. Trees are looking flat in the distance/top parts are floating. When I get closer, the normal ones pop-in/load and dissolve the bad ones.

In an effort to troubleshoot, I've done my best to: put the mod after any weather affects; before the Water Two mod; update the 3D tree mod; and disable any other flora/tree mod. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be super appreciated.

Link to screenshot of what I'm seeing: https://imgur.com/a/rPseN5M

Looks like a mismatch between billboard and 3d models. Like vanilla billboards and modded trees or something like this.

Did you install the billboards from the "Miscellaneous" section on the 3d mod's download page?

If installing the billboards from "3D trees" doesn't solve the problem, you might have to ressort to using Dyndolod. Getting used to it will take soem time, but it's definitely worth it: You'll get an absolutely consistent visual experience (and maybe even better performance):

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13894-dyndolod-beta-for-skyrim-special-edition-and-skyrim-vr-256/

If you try Dyndolod, make sure to really "RTFM". It is mandatory, if you want a good result...

Looks like a mismatch between billboard and 3d models. Like vanilla billboards and modded trees or something like this.

Did you install the billboards from the "Miscellaneous" section on the 3d mod's download page?

If installing the billboards from "3D trees" doesn't solve the problem, you might have to ressort to using Dyndolod. Getting used to it will take soem time, but it's definitely worth it: You'll get an absolutely consistent visual experience (and maybe even better performance):

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13894-dyndolod-beta-for-skyrim-special-edition-and-skyrim-vr-256/

If you try Dyndolod, make sure to really "RTFM". It is mandatory, if you want a good result...

You were right, it was a billboard issue. Mathy responded to my post on their mod and directed me to SSELODGEN that seems to be working for now. However, from everything I'm seeing Dyndolod is the way to go. I just have to get over my fear and try to learn it.

Just a guess, but does RTFM actually mean "Read the f****** Manual"?

Glad you got this issue solved.

Just a guess, but does RTFM actually mean "Read the f****** Manual"?

The Dyndolod people prefer to talk about the "fantastic" manual, but yeah... ^^ You could also watch one of the many video tutorials about Dyndolod - even an older one. The basics haven't changed.

In fact, it isn't all that hard. But you shoudl get a basic understanding of what the program does and how it works before using it. BTW, you can't make any fatal (meaning irreversible) mistakes. If the result isn't to your liking, just re-run Dyndolod. I'd definitely give it a try.