Help adding legendary effect to weapons & armors

YaliJin

Hello, i've been looking into the Creation Kit recently in order to start modding and, while some basic mods like modding stats and making new items in Skyrim was easy, i can't figure out how the whole legendary system works in the creation kit.

I'm currently trying to understand how modify the Reba sniper rifle into an "Instigating" sniper rifle by adding said legendary effect, plus upgrading some of its stats. Is anyone able to explain how it is done? Does the same procedure applies when adding legendary effects to armor pieces?

And a last thing, is there a way to add to a container (E.G. the safe in the Sanctuary basement) specific weapons/armors that are spawned with the same mods and legendary effects attached to them, fully unaffected by loot pools and, most importantly, without creating a micro-quest for them?

Thanks in advance.

(Edit: typo)

Edited by YaliJin

There are versions of weapons/armor in the base that are assembled. Lot of works off Keyword. If you look at weapons in xEdit you can see there is a list of configurations or assembled versions of the weapon. Automatrons are a good example. When you first make one in the game that form ID has a bunch of blank parts that fill the spot for the pieces we put on. Keywords control it, so the player can swap them in/out.

Weapons are kind of like that, but instead of being limited by keyword it's assembled versions. So whatever weapon would have a version of it created inside the form. I've only ever done this inside xEdit. You have probably seen it before ~player.additem Weapon well there are like 12 different combinations of that weapon & it just picks one, if there is only one, it picks that one. It has to be assembled.

If you wanted to do it right I would watch videos & tutorials on weapon/armor, contstuctable objects, object modifications, and misc items. Just guessing that you would make duplicate versions of the weapon, remove all it's assembled versions, leave the last version, assemble that version to include whatever legendary (though that could require specific keywords) then place that item where you wanted.

:wacko: