Is there a way to Remove ALL Mods (start fresh) in Vortex?

QuintenWolfe

Vortex has worked very well for me, both with Fallout 4 and Skyrim.

Mods from Nexus as well as Mods from Files have all installed well and I really like the details.

What I don't like, is starting fresh. I have a really good Fallout 4 setup that I want to keep, but I want to redo ALL of my Skyrim stuff and start fresh.

However, I don't want to manually remove over 180 mods, where it sometimes takes 5 minutes just to uninstall/remove 1 mod!!

Is there any way to wipe ALL of the mods for Skyrim at once? I plan on deleting my entire Skyrim folder/files and reinstalling them anyways for a fully fresh start.

Mods from Nexus as well as Mods from Files have all installed well and I really like the details.

What I don't like, is starting fresh. I have a really good Fallout 4 setup that I want to keep, but I want to redo ALL of my Skyrim stuff and start fresh.

However, I don't want to manually remove over 180 mods, where it sometimes takes 5 minutes just to uninstall/remove 1 mod!!

Is there any way to wipe ALL of the mods for Skyrim at once? I plan on deleting my entire Skyrim folder/files and reinstalling them anyways for a fully fresh start.

You answered your own question.

The best way to start super fresh, is to just wipe the game folder and install fresh from Steam.

That will make sure you haven't forgotten any stragglers

The best way to start super fresh, is to just wipe the game folder and install fresh from Steam.

So.. if I remove my Skyrim folder, wipe it clean, ALL the Mods that I have installed in Vortex will also be deleted and removed from my Mods folder in Vortex?

That is what I am asking. I know I can wipe skyrim and start over by redownloading from Steam, the question is Vortex and having a clean "modless" Skyrim so I can redo it all.

So.. if I remove my Skyrim folder, wipe it clean, ALL the Mods that I have installed in Vortex will also be deleted and removed from my Mods folder in Vortex?

That is what I am asking. I know I can wipe skyrim and start over by redownloading from Steam, the question is Vortex and having a clean "modless" Skyrim so I can redo it all.

Well, if that's the case, then uninstall them first through Vortex so you remove all of the hardlinks to the Vortex Mod Staging Folder.

Guest deleted34304850

use vortext to purge everything. when your plugin and mod lists are empty go to steam and have it verify local files for your game. no reason to delete absolutely everything and redownload from scratch.

then when steam has verified the local game files, power up vortex and tell it where your mod archives are and then reinstall what you want/need. this will save you hours and a lot of wasted bandwidth.

Well, if that's the case, then uninstall them first through Vortex so you remove all of the hardlinks to the Vortex Mod Staging Folder.

So... after re-reading my original post... and what is being suggested, I have no OTHER recourse, than to sit here for several hours straight and remove/delete each and every one of the 180 mods individually, clicking through every dialog that pops up and wait for it to complete? Rinse, repeat?

There is no way to do a 'nuke and pave' and wipe out ALL of the skyrim mods I have installed on Vortex in one fell-swoop? That is unfortunate. It will actually take me several days to do this.

So... after re-reading my original post... and what is being suggested, I have no OTHER recourse, than to sit here for several hours straight and remove/delete each and every one of the 180 mods individually, clicking through every dialog that pops up and wait for it to complete? Rinse, repeat?

There is no way to do a 'nuke and pave' and wipe out ALL of the skyrim mods I have installed on Vortex in one fell-swoop? That is unfortunate. It will actually take me several days to do this.

You'd have to do that with NMM as well to get rid of the Hardlinks

I believe you can CTRL + A in the Vortex interface and click PURGE and it will do all the mods at once.

Guest deleted34304850

cntl-a select all mods - purge (bottom menu). go make a cup of tea, come back, mod list is empty - job done.

if you then want to delete all your physical mod files - just delete the directory they are in - but why would you do that, unless you were uninstalling the game completely?

you dont need to sit there for hours, unless you want to micro manage everything - personally i cant think of anything more boring.

cntl-a select all mods - purge (bottom menu). go make a cup of tea, come back, mod list is empty - job done.

if you then want to delete all your physical mod files - just delete the directory they are in - but why would you do that, unless you were uninstalling the game completely?

you dont need to sit there for hours, unless you want to micro manage everything - personally i cant think of anything more boring.

AHH!! CTRL-A. Thank you !!

I had too many mods with CBBE files, and was switching to UNP, but also I switched hardware out and had to do waaay to many graphics updates and didn't want to mess with the micro managing/

it came up with a dialog and crashed on some animations.. had to click through Ignore/I wont whine.. and then it crashed again...

but that, thank you, 1ae0bfb8 that is exactly what I was asking!!!

If you want to uninstall all mods, it's also possible to exit Vortex, delete the game folder and delete all contents of games "staging folder" (but just to be on the safe side keep the staging folder). This will keep all the mod archives but you need to redownload the game.