Fallout 4 no longer works after using vortex

FURRYHUSKY1000

I have followed all of the instructions on importing mods from NMM to vortex, and it seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

I tried re-installing all 143 mods via vortex one by one with no avail, in fact it causes more issues as the vortex app its self crashes when I switch from "Mods" or "Plugins"

I should've stick to NMM, it works fine and flawlessly without any crashes and unexpected issues. albeit, discontinued.

Also, vanilla fallout works fine, but Fallout script extender doesn't seem to work after I installed vortex.

Edited by FURRYHUSKY1000

I have followed all of the instructions on importing mods from NMM to vortex, and it seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

I tried re-installing all 143 mods via vortex one by one with no avail, in fact it causes more issues as the vortex app its self crashes when I switch from "Mods" or "Plugins"

I should've stick to NMM, it works fine and flawlessly without any crashes and unexpected issues. albeit, discontinued.

Also, vanilla fallout works fine, but Fallout script extender doesn't seem to work after I installed vortex.

The staff and admin of Nexus have been telling people if you already have a working mod setup, DO NOT IMPORT, because NMM corrupts the files necessary for Vortex to import the mods.

F4SE probably doesn't work because you didn't read the knowledge base section about setting up your script extender with Vortex.

You have to make F4SE "PRIMARY" in the dashboard, like the knowledge base instructs.

Vortex-SKSE64-Make-Primary.jpg

Also, you do not need to launch F4SE from Vortex, you can create a shortcut, place it in your desktop and launch the game by clicking on that icon and Vortex must not be logged in to run your game and to second what the others said, it has been advised TOO many times NOT TO IMPORT anything from NMM unless you are going to start a fresh / new game which obviously would not require any import but to download/instal/enable every mod from Nexus Mod Manager.

Also, check your mods. There are some mods that everybody donwload / install in the load order that are causing too many problems. You will be surprise what mods are those. Read evey mod post, especially those that are under the "most donwloaded all-time" and you will soon find out.

Another piece of advise, if you are going to start a fresh game from Vortex, I would recommend to just install 10-15 mods max and monkey around with them, read the knowledge base, ask questions, read these forums ( they contain very important information from very knowledgeable users ) and be prepare to fail a few times but at the end, it will pay off. Just be patient and proactive.

Here's a strange note I recently found in a bottle washed up on the shore. It's a warning about importing from NMM, whatever that is. :ohmy:

I also saw the same message on a banner being pulled by an airplane.

Here's a strange note I recently found in a bottle washed up on the shore. It's a warning about importing from NMM, whatever that is. :ohmy:

attachicon.gif Importing from NMM.JPG

Hey Augusta … that banner should be posted in Uppercase as soon as we access these forum … lol … :laugh:

The staff and admin of Nexus have been telling people if you already have a working mod setup, DO NOT IMPORT, because NMM corrupts the files necessary for Vortex to import the mods.

F4SE probably doesn't work because you didn't read the knowledge base section about setting up your script extender with Vortex.

You have to make F4SE "PRIMARY" in the dashboard, like the knowledge base instructs.

Vortex-SKSE64-Make-Primary.jpg

I already have that set up prior posting in the forums.

I even tried launching the executable it's self, even reinstalling it, and still no avail.

attachicon.gif Importing from NMM.JPG

I have read that already, all mods are fully updated before I have proceed.

I have also started a clean install of everything after the first failed attempt before I even post here, still doesn't work.

Edited by FURRYHUSKY1000