Open Community  ·  10 members

Far Cry

Far Cry 5 Redemption mod Installation

69sexykenny69

I would like to install the NMM Far Cry 5 Redemption mod by JRavens but I've never installed

mods for Far Cry 5 manually before. There are 2 files to install namely a patch.dat and a patch.fat file

and there were no instructions on the page and there does not appear to have been any activity on the mod

page in a while. Where do these files go? I saw some blurb about using Dunia Tools but that doesn't support 5.

Also searched my "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher" area and found no

patch.dat or patch.fat files to overwrite.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I would like to use this mod.

Those files are in a sub-folder of your game installation directory ("<something>\Far Cry 5\data_final\pc\").

First, rename the original files (e.g. Patch.dat -> Patch.da_, Patch.fat -> Patch.fa_), then simply copy the modded files over to that folder.

I found the problem and I was on my way back to post it when I saw your reply LadyMilla.

I was looking in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher" directory where there is no Data_Final folder.

After looking at an installation video for another far cry 5 mod I found I had to look in the

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FarCry5\ for the data_final folder.

I have installed the mod and it appears to be working great so far. TY

P.S. Backed up my original files just in case I messed something up LOL.

P.S. Backed up my original files just in case I messed something up LOL.

That's always a wise decision, unless you have an insane optical Internet connection.

If you tried the Redemption mod, you can always give https://www.nexusmods.com/farcry5/mods/31 a go. A great extra feature of that mod is that you can get rid of those annoying planes buzzing all over the place once a region is liberated.