I have absolutely zero confidence in TES 6.

ZakiTaki

I would just keep a wait and see approach. I have enjoyed their last few games immensely. Oblivion, fallout 3, fallout 4, Skyrim... It's true that all games had a lot of bugs and such, but I will probably still buy the game. However, if it were to be confirmed that the game would be restricted when it comes to mods, then I most definitely will not buy until reviews or lets plays are being streamed.

Basically, it's pointless to bash the game when there is barely any information available at this time.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only been with you since Oblivion, and that was bugged, so was Fallout3, Fallout NV, Skyrim,Fallout4,Skyrim se and Fallout76, maybe Tes 6 will also be a cluster of misery?

I also have a nagging feeling that Tes 6 will not include a creation kit or modable folders as we know em. This will be something you buy into, and every piece of user created content will only be available on their steam equivalent.

I hate being a doomsayer, but we have yet to see a single player tes release in this new post sanity climate. And the last few years has shown us that the industry is willing to circumvent and break the law, if not outright start campaigns to make people go against their government in the name of unbridled capitalism, f***ing over a few modders for that extra peanuts seem well within reason put in that light.

And i actually gave up on the industry a while ago, now i just assume the worst.

Beth isn't going to do away with free modding. That would be flat out stupid. Free mods are why their games last as long as they do. (people are STILL playing morrowind......)

Now, the CS likely won't release with the game, and I fully expect the game to have some interesting bugs upon release. That is why I will wait six months to a year before I buy it. That gives beth time to fix the truly horrendous bugs that they always seem to miss, and give the modders time to fix some of those bugs that beth won't. :smile:

I do agree with Aneercool … IMO, Beth will not allow free modding on TESVI at all.

The introduction of the CC was not just for the short term answer to their goals but to their long term answers to other goals like this upcoming game. I do believe they will have mods available but only if you either buy them directly from CC or if you are a modder, if you put your mod in their CC, so they will own your right to have them, so this way, they will get a fee for you to use those mods and obviously, they will not be free as they are now from other sites like Nexus.

We also need to consider that the game engine probably will be new ( I hope ) and not as easy to mod it as the one they have in place for Skyrim and Fallout4. The graphics and anything related to that new game engine must be super much better than before if they want to really be up to date with new technologies in place ( 4k, etc ).

Question is : did they foresee that Skyrim and Fallout series will be fully modded by the community when they created Skyrim ? Could they foresee and foretell that Skyrim will be the game people has played the most in the history of gaming because it was allowed free modding ? I do not know if they had such a futuristic vision or if it was just a matter of luck. But how much money they will be making if instead allowing free modding they turn the wheel and allow it BUT inside their CC package so for us, the players, to use those mods we would have to pay a fee and probably those fees will be staggered like, regular and premium membership. Bottom line, I do not think free modding as we know it, will be allowed, but I hope that I am wrong about this.

After seeing how many mods Bethesda took for Fallout 4, I'm wondering if they'll announce that TES 6 will have "Settlements" that you can build by hiring a City Planner, while you watch your town get built automatically *sim settlements* *cough*

The GOOD news is, at least it won't be a One Year Exclusive on the Epic Game store.
The Bad news is, it will be exclusive on the equally stupid Bethesda .net

If TES6 or FO5 ends up being multiplayer-only, that's a deal-breaker. And in the case of FO5, get Obsidian to develop it and let them do it RIGHT this time. Ditto a remaster of New Vegas; make it RIGHT this time, with all the stuff that Obsidian never got to implement. And TEST THE s*** OUT OF IT! Why release a game if you're not going to make sure it works right? That's not gaming. It's greed and not giving a s***.

Also, Bethesda should quit having Brandon "Oxhorn" Dennis shill for their games on account of his homophobic and misogynistic blog posts. I've watched some exposés on the man such as this one and after learning all this s*** about him, I'm DONE. I can't support a bigoted YouTuber like that, so I unsubscribed from his channel. It was already bad enough that he shills for Bethesda like it's going out of style and relentlessly covers FO76 but the bigotry is the icing on the s*** cake. A gay guy created the OG Fallout; I doubt Tim Cain wants some bigoted neckbeard with a bowler hat promoting his baby.

As a matter of fact, I plan on booking a trip to the doctor to get on some spironolactone and estradiol, then off to get laser hair removal. Then to cap it off after a few years on the titty skittles, have a plumbing installation downstairs, if you get my drift. Then I'll go to a lesbian bar, pick up some hot chick, take her home, smoke a bowl, and make sexy times with her to piss Oxhorn off.

Edited by WeissYohji

BGS have a huge amount of work ahead of them if they're to win back the trust of fans. Most would say this started with how Fallout4 turned out ( imho it's a decent game, but a bad Fallout one), with Fallout76 subsequently being a game that pretty much has no soul, and little of what makes the Fallout universe so interesting imho. Yet others will point to Skyrim as the point where their games started becoming more diluted & lacklustre. Some will go further back in time, to the release of Fallout3, or Oblivion. These are all valid positions to have, depending on which game you played first, and when.

I don't believe BGS can afford to make a mistake with the next game, Starfield. If it turns out to be good, they'll have earned back some of the trust they'd previously squandered. Still, Elder Scrolls VI will be make or break. That's what it boils down to, and I'm sure that they're well aware of that. I'm not really invested in the Elder Scrolls series myself, but I hope that they'll get it right.

Also, Bethesda should quit having Brandon "Oxhorn" Dennis shill for their games on account of his homophobic and misogynistic blog posts. I've watched some exposés on the man such as this one and after learning all this s*** about him, I'm DONE.

That's a publisher decision (Bethesda Softworks), not BGS - only pointing that out as BGS tend to get a lot of flack from people for things they have no control over (wich is basically making the actual game/s)

They (Bethesda Softworks) will continue to use these so-called 'influencers' (like Oxhorn, Juicehead, MrMattyPlays etc) as long as they feel it benefits them.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the fact that Oxhorn has actively gone after other Youtube channels and had them shut them, for daring to openly criticize him, or the snake-oil tactics he's employed by selling "beard growing" pills to his impressionable 'fans'.

Or unsurprisingly, the time when he uploaded a settlement blueprint to the Nexus and included other mod authors content in his download, then acted somewhat dismissively when it was pointed out to him. People like him do not give a flying frag about mods/mod authors/the modding community generally speaking. The same as when Youtuber ESO started uploading mods (that didn't belong to him) onto ModDrop, before beating a hasty retreat/backpedalling when the inevitable backlash about it hit him and his channel.

BGS have a huge amount of work ahead of them if they're to win back the trust of fans. Most would say this started with how Fallout4 turned out ( imho it's a decent game, but a bad Fallout one), with Fallout76 subsequently being a game that pretty much has no soul, and little of what makes the Fallout universe so interesting imho. Yet others will point to Skyrim as the point where their games started becoming more diluted & lacklustre. Some will go further back in time, to the release of Fallout3, or Oblivion. These are all valid positions to have, depending on which game you played first, and when.

I don't believe BGS can afford to make a mistake with the next game, Starfield. If it turns out to be good, they'll have earned back some of the trust they'd previously squandered. Still, Elder Scrolls VI will be make or break. That's what it boils down to, and I'm sure that they're well aware of that. I'm not really invested in the Elder Scrolls series myself, but I hope that they'll get it right.

Also, Bethesda should quit having Brandon "Oxhorn" Dennis shill for their games on account of his homophobic and misogynistic blog posts. I've watched some exposés on the man such as this one and after learning all this s*** about him, I'm DONE.

That's a publisher decision (Bethesda Softworks), not BGS - only pointing that out as BGS tend to get a lot of flack from people for things they have no control over (wich is basically making the actual game/s)

They (Bethesda Softworks) will continue to use these so-called 'influencers' (like Oxhorn, Juicehead, MrMattyPlays etc) as long as they feel it benefits them.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the fact that Oxhorn has actively gone after other Youtube channels and had them shut them, for daring to openly criticize him, or the snake-oil tactics he's employed by selling "beard growing" pills to his impressionable 'fans'.

Or unsurprisingly, the time when he uploaded a settlement blueprint to the Nexus and included other mod authors content in his download, then acted somewhat dismissively when it was pointed out to him. People like him do not give a flying frag about mods/mod authors/the modding community generally speaking. The same as when Youtuber ESO started uploading mods (that didn't belong to him) onto ModDrop, before beating a hasty retreat/backpedalling when the inevitable backlash about it hit him and his channel.

The trouble is, even if TESVI sucks out loud, enough of the console crowd will buy it to make it profitable....... Thus, beth learns nothing.

The trouble is, even if TESVI sucks out loud, enough of the console crowd will buy it to make it profitable....... Thus, beth learns nothing.

That's a good point, and it's where I end up falling back on hoping that they can honestly address the issues that each successive game seems to increasingly have. With each game increasing their audience in the mainstream, there's the veryy real & dangerous possibility of them being further insulated from the criticism.

Case in point, during the recent Bethesda event (Bethesda Game Days) neither Todd Howard or any of the other panelists didn't really address the savage dismissal of Fallout76, at least not in a manner that I'd consider reassuring. Sure, they joked about it somewhat lightheartedly, Todd said something about the development being difficult, but he mainly danced around it by briefly mentioning posts on Reddit and stating that somewhere among the invectives, fans had valid criticism. Watching it, I didn't get the sense that the devs really understood, deep down, why Fallout76 has drawn so much ire.

Also, out of curiousity, did anyone else watching those BGD videos notice Emil Pagliarulo visibly twitching?

That's a good point, and it's where I end up falling back on hoping that they can honestly address the issues that each successive game seems to increasingly have. With each game increasing their audience in the mainstream, there's the veryy real & dangerous possibility of them being further insulated from the criticism.

Case in point, during the recent Bethesda event (Bethesda Game Days) neither Todd Howard or any of the other panelists didn't really address the savage dismissal of Fallout76, at least not in a manner that I'd consider reassuring. Sure, they joked about it somewhat lightheartedly, Todd said something about the development being difficult, but he mainly danced around it by briefly mentioning posts on Reddit and stating that somewhere among the invectives, fans had valid criticism. Watching it, I didn't get the sense that the devs really understood, deep down, why Fallout76 has drawn so much ire.

Also, out of curiousity, did anyone else watching those BGD videos notice Emil Pagliarulo visibly twitching?

I really don't expect beth to public admit that they screwed up..... No, in the privacy of their own boardroom/workrooms, maybe they can admit that they screwed the pooch...... but, I'm not holding my breath on that.