[LE] Player Unequip Script for Trigger

Hello everyone! Am running into some issues creating a script to work on a trigger enter and maybe someone here can help me out? Have looked all around the forums but information I find is confusing and there seems to be some information missing. I am no scripting expert so maybe that is why the answer I seek isn't apparent for I am missing some basic knowledge of some functions.

I have been able to create a function with a script on a trigger that allows any NPC to take off their clothes when entering a bath area, I am currently working on a castle house that I plan to release in the future. Here is the script that I was able to get working for NPCs:

Scriptname GVBath extends ObjectReference  

ObjectReference Property BathTime  Auto  

Event OnTriggerEnter(ObjectReference NpcActor)
  If NpcActor != Game.GetPlayer()
    (NpcActor as Actor).UnequipAll()
  EndIf
EndEvent

But now the issue I am having is getting this to work on the actual player... I have tried to create a script many times but it isn't compiling... this is what I try to compile that fails:

Event OnTriggerEnter(ObjectReference Actor)
  If Actor != Game.GetPlayer()
    (Actor).UnequipAll()
  EndIf
EndEvent

I am goofing something up somewhere for sure, I am fairly new to scripting but surely not new to the CK... Anyways, if some expert here could lend some guidance it would be greatly appreciated! :happy:

If you want it to work for the player, you need to use Actor == Game.GetPlayer() instead of Actor != Game.GetPlayer(). != means "not equal" while == means "equal"

Wow, thanks for such a quick response and also for sharing the knowledge. Was unaware of that equal part...

I have tried to use the following but it still is failing when I try to compile...

Scriptname GVBathPlayer extends ObjectReference

Event OnTriggerEnter(ObjectReference Actor)
Actor == Game.GetPlayer()
    (Actor as Actor).UnequipAll()
  EndIf
EndEvent

Not sure why it isn't compiling. I add the newly created script, close the properties then save and reopen it and edit the source... :confused:

Kudos to you! :happy:

Edited by Jack8623

Thanks to everyone for their input here! For some reason everything I try I still can't get it to compile... :huh:

Will spend more time on it and do some more studying. When I get it working I will post it back here for others. Cheers! :happy:

If you would like further assistance, please post the code you are trying to compile now along with the compiler error you are receiving.

Sure thing! :happy:

Here is the code I'm trying to use:

Scriptname GVPlayerBath extends ObjectReference  

Actor Property PlayerBath  Auto  
{Bath Time for Player}

Event OnTriggerEnter(ObjectReference akActor)
  If Actor !== Game.GetPlayer()
    (Actor).UnequipAll()
  EndIf
EndEvent

The following works great on the trigger for any NPC that enters...

Scriptname GVBath extends ObjectReference  

ObjectReference Property BathTime  Auto  

Event OnTriggerEnter(ObjectReference NpcActor)
  If NpcActor != Game.GetPlayer()
    (NpcActor as Actor).UnequipAll()
  EndIf
EndEvent

QTKmxS8.jpg

I had just got the following to compile. Will test! :happy:

Scriptname GVPlayerBath extends ObjectReference  

Actor Property PlayerBath  Auto  
{Bath Time for Player}

Event OnTriggerEnter(ObjectReference akActor)
  If akActor != Game.GetPlayer()
    (akActor as Actor).UnequipAll()
  EndIf
EndEvent