Adding Custom Collisions to SSE using Blender

Xips

I've been working on a few custom wall pieces for Whiterun and now want to add collision to them.

I created the meshes using Blender, exported them to OBJ and then turned them into a NIF using Outfit Studio.

So far, so good. The meshes show up ingame without any problems.

Now the collision:

I tried following this tutorial using ChunkMerge. However, Chunkmerge just crashes without error.

All the other tutorials I found rely either on outdated plugins, 3DSmax (which is not an option for me), or both.

Is there a current method to add collisions to a static SSE mesh?

In case I did anything wrong using Chunkmerge I attached the collision NIF and the file I wanted to add the collision to.

I used meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrcitywalls\wrwallruinsfree01.nif as a collision template.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a similar shaped mesh you can just delete the trishape and paste your new one in for now. Another janky way is to use the collision boxes in the CK... I am also wandering if you could help me real quick. I can't seem to get my new nifs to work right. I use your described method. It works great in FO4 but not SSE. So, what version of each program are you using?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, so my first post ever, I think. But, I recently had this issue and resolved it with a little back and forth conversion with NIF converter.

Basically, ChunkMerge is looking for NiTriShapes, and all the nifs I looked at were BSTriShapes. So if you follow that tutorial, but with an added extra step of converting all the files you load into ChunkMerge with NIF converter (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19911) It should work. Convert them back into BS format when done.

Edited by Tryn