[Mod Request] Female Main Character?

SolaireFlair

Now that Below Zero is in Early Access, I wonder if it would be possible to port the female model to base Subnautica? Given that there's basically no dialogue in the main game (first game? I'm not sure what to call it since Below Zero is standalone), it shouldn't be hugely impactful to the game to port in the female protag from Below Zero. I remember awhile back that Unknown Worlds was thinking about adding a selectable gender system to the base game when 1.0 came out, but it seems like that isn't going to happen at this point. I quite enjoy the base game, and I quite enjoy the new protagonist in BZ, so being able to play as her in the base game would be nice in my opinion. I haven't modded Subnautica myself, so I have no idea how difficult it would be, but it seems like it would be as simple as porting the model and some sound effects to replace the ones for the male, am I right? And if anyone knows if someone is already on this, a link to the mod so I could keep an eye on the progress would be dope.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
That is the one thing that annoyed me about this game, the inability to select a female avatar. I know you never really see it, except as a shadow, but that's enough. It's not very welcoming to the female player base, not to have the option.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...