Project: Ferelden

Jninja98

Hello,

I am attempting to create an overhaul for Dragon Age: Origins that I have titled Project: Ferelden. The end goal is to create a mod that ensures consistency between Dragon Age: Origins to Dragon Age: Inquisition. However, due to my novice nature as a modder and certain software issues, I am looking to create a team to help in this endeavor.

Specifically, I need modders who are skilled at porting weapon and armor models from one game to another and rigging the models and someone with a functioning Dragon Age Toolset program (which is the software issue I'm having. DA Toolset doesn't work for me.)

I'd be in charge of the .utc and .uti editing, as those are the only tools I have actual access to. And, thanks to pre-existing mods, I only require a few new models to be created assuming I can secure permissions from the original authors for distribution of this mod.

If ANYONE with the skills I need is willing to help, I'd be deeply appreciative. (You also get the bulk of the credit since my part is pretty much bull compared to the arduous task of porting and rigging models.

You can either DM me or reply to this post. I really hope to hear from you soon, as I think Project: Ferelden could prove to be an awesome mod if properly executed.

Regards,

Jninja98

I already did the troubleshooting and followed every guide under the sun. I think it's just really incompatible with Windows 10 or I'm cursed. Honestly, the really critical part is the porting/model rigging. I'm utterly useless when it comes to those.

But models still need to be rigged don't they? I was of the impression that each model had to be uniquely tailored by species and sex. If I made a terminology error, I apologize. I'm mostly trying to find someone who is capable of the same porting and model rigging as modders like Entopie or amycus.

The use of the toolset is solely to create new items that would use these models. i.e. Fereldan Knight Cuirass.

Edited by Jninja98

• 2 months later...

Awesome. I hope it ill hwelp in giving Fereldan soldiers and guardsmen in Ostagar and Denerim armors shown in DAI. Those armors were actually introduced in DA2 DLC item pack 2. I mean these armors https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/images/12794

This pack would help in making the project. https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/4804

Edited by SilverAxe001

That sounds like awesome idea! I just asked on the forum whether it would be possible to swap Darkspawn models from those in DA2 and DAI for consistency, but nobody answered so if you make that work, it will be huge!

Sadly, I know nothing about modding so unfortunately I cannot help in any way I guess.