• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ElCapitan8866

ElCapitan8866

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
As the title suggest after about 15-30 minutes of gameplay I experience a 5 fps drop every 1-2 seconds regardless of what I am doing in game, which I experience as stutter during gameplay. This sounds like a memory issue however task manager shows that SkyrimeSE is only using 50% of my hard drive and 3.5 GB of my ram. I am also maintaining good framerates otherwise, 50+ outdoors and 60+ indoors. I have tried every combination of v-sync and frame rate limiter (in-game or enb's), windowed and full screen, disabling enb, increasing my page file, and changing in game settings. I am currently using MO2 with about 500 mods (mostly texture/meshes mods) and 226 active plugins. While not a huge issue (for example my framerate dips from 55 to 50 when outdoors) it becomes highly distracting.

My Specs:

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII HERO
Intel Core i5-4690K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 2.5" 500GB

Any ideas? Thanks!

Old hand

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

could be a power management issue:

a few things to try:

Right Click on Desktop - Nvidia Control Panel - Manage 3d Settings - Global - Power Management Mode, Click on the Drop Down Box and Select Prefer Maximum Performance

you can also add profile for SkyrimSE.exe by click on the Programs Settings tab in Nvidia Control Panel, and clicking on the drop down box, and selecting SkyrimSE.EXE

then simply locate Power Management Mode again, and Choose Prefer Maximum Performance

and then you have Windows Power Management as well:

Start - Control Panel - Power Options - Click on the Arrow Box at the right side of the window, and Select High Performance Mode

since your drops are very specific in nature, it really sounds like it is an issue to do with power management. 

what type of tempertures are you getting on your CPU And GPU, this issue could also very potentially be throttling. 

Continued

Spoiler

Note: Click on Show to view content. 

ElCapitan8866

ElCapitan8866

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Thank you for the prompt reply. Changing power management mode for both Nvidia and Windows didn't do much unfortunately. Interestingly, I noticed the dips take longer to start if I disable my antivirus (AVG). Temperatures are fine I think, 45C for GPU and 44C max for CPU. All other games run fine too.

Here is my load order:

Spoiler

ElCapitan8866

ElCapitan8866

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

To anyone having this issue I finally found the culprit. Disabling godrays did the trick for me, no more annoying fps drops. See these threads for reference:

https://forums.nexus...er/?hl= stutter

https://forums.nexus...s-in-skyrim-se/

Edited by El_Hombre, 07 March 2019 - 08:53 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stutter

Page loaded in: 1.076 seconds