how to attach a teleport to location from mcm?

3aq

I am stumped and befuddled, I somehow was able to achieve it but for some reasons I do not know, I am not able to do it anymore. Thank you in advance,

here's the important bits of the script:

the goal of this simple script is to teleport to riverwood through MCM once clicked and exited out of the menu

Scriptname _mcmToRiverwood extends SKI_Configbase

ObjectReference property Riverwood Auto

function draw_page1()
        AddHeaderOption("To Riverwood")
        aa_01 = AddToggleOption("Go",0)

Event OnOptionSelect(int a_option)
	If (a_option == aa_01)
			Utility.Wait(.5)
			Game.FadeOutGame(false, true, 2.0, 1.0)
			Game.GetPlayer().MoveTo(Riverwood)
	endIf
endEvent

how do you check for that?

I thought this line fulfilled that: ObjectReference property Riverwood Auto

On execution it would just pause the menu and black out the screen, but moveto doesn't fire off.

Edited by 3aq

Filling a property means you'd have to select the item as property on the form window, outside of a script. What you did ist just creating the property inside the script, but not filling it. Refer to this image to get what's ment by filling a property:

http://i.imgur.com/kTjFEbu.png

Don't know where you attached your script to, so I assume it's a quest. In the quest form Window "script" just double click, or right click on your property, and you will get the context to fill it.

So I checked, it's filled in, still does not seem to work; I made two scripts to check concurrently one without (To Riverwood) and with (To Riverwood2) object reference filled in (to my memory I didn't need to attach it to cell when it worked last time..)

I've also uploaded both mods which also contains their source, both of which you can run concurrently to check for yourself.

https://ufile.io/q73zv -- To Riverwood (without object reference filled in)

https://ufile.io/k85oq -- To Riverwood2 (with object reference filled in)

Assistance is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Not quite. It has a preference for COCMarkerHeadings. If there is one present, it will take you there, even if it's sitting right next to a map marker. If there is no COCMarkerHeading, next up is XMarkerHeadings, and if there are many, one appears to be randomly chosen. If there are no XMarkerHeadings, next up is Xmarkers, and again many of them means, one is randomly chosen. If there aren't *any* of those markers, you'd placed in a specific spot in the cell which I haven't worked out. I could be wrong on this, since this information is based on interior testing, rather than exterior. So far though, coc has never dropped me on a map marker. Riverwood, Riverwood01, Riverwood02(mapmarker location), all take you to a different marker, with Riverwood01 taking you to an XmarkerHeading.

So when you use this command, you're not going to the mapmarker. The Mapmarker, or rather, the fast travel system works a bit differently. You will go to the map marker, if it's not linked to another marker, this other marker being the one that you'll teleport to instead.

While I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use a mapmarker as a thing to teleport to via MoveTo, maybe it will work if you use one of COCMarkerHeadings in the area.

so what you're saying is rather than using the location id 9732 itself, use one of the various object references instead

2P6hnwX.jpg

like this xmarker 274b4?

3Y7ffwd.jpg