Mod manager for dragon age inquisition deletes everything in my data files.

tigerlily100

help! I just redownloaded the game and tried to merge some mods so I can have an awesome playthrough, but it won't work. this message pops up in the dai mod manager

Exception message: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch\Data\Win32\dlc1_creatures_o.toc'.
Source: mscorlib
Target: Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
StrackTrace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at DAIModManager.MainWindow.PrepareDirectory(String directoryName, ModJob basePatchModJob, Dictionary`2 modResources, String patchDataPath, DAIToc& layoutToc)
at DAIModManager.MainWindow.BGWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
I repaired the game when this popped up and it took 2 hours!!! then I made sure I had everything including the dlc1_creatures_o.toc in my win32 folder which I did and tried again. the same exact message popped up yet again. I went to look at my folder but everything in my \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch\Data folder was gone! it deletes it when I merge anything. I'm not a new modder so I know how the DAI MM works very well and have come across problems that I have had to fix but I have never seen this nor can I find anything online as to a workaround or a fix. please someone help me! I absolutely love this game but I can't play it without the aesthetic mods anymore. I just don't get the same amount of enjoyment I do with the vanilla version.
Heres a list of the mods I'm trying to use
"Invisible Starting Gear"
"Classy Cullen"
"EFemale BLUE pj- LIGHT skin"
"Inquisition's Ambassador"
"Leliana Outfit RetexV3-White "
"Lionsong"
"More Banter"
"Refined Leliana 1-1"
"Side braid with bun - EF"
"SK_EF_Ponytail with Bangs N Braids"
"V1-nose-freckle-half-mole"

I've used these mods for a long time and have never had any issues with them so I have no idea what could be happening to cause the problems I am having now.

• 1 year later...

I know this is way old, but it was likely DAI Mod Manager, I'm getting the same issue after needing to reinstall everything when my harddrive Windows boot files were corrupted.

[12/21/2020 8:13 PM] Processing official patch.
[12/21/2020 8:14 PM] Task failed. Error reported was: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Update\Patch\Data\Win32\dlc1_creatures_o.toc

is the file it dropped the error on for me, too. The version number that DAimod is showing me for the patch is 12, and I'm using the latest version of DaiMod and I've redownloaded all of my old mods to make sure they're all updated versions.

EDIT: Fixed this rather quickly with a bit more searching. DAIToolsSuite Loader didn't update the Mod Manager like I thought it had (I'd used the same old version that was in my recovered mods folder like a dummy because I wasn't paying attention to what I had to do with the Suite Loader and didn't use it correctly), so I just re-downloaded the Suite Loader, updated Mod Manager, then did a forced rescan of the patch while merging, and all is well. Tossing this in here just in case someone like me that wasn't paying attention to the Mod Manager version number searching for the same error fix.

I know the Suite Loader is currently abandoned, but it did the trick. For Patch 12, you NEED Mod Manager v0.59 at the very least, apparently.

Edited by archangelcassidy