XCOM Enemy Within (GOG) .exe modding not working

Mylloijya

I think you are the first person to mention hacking the GOG version of XCom, much less EW. So you are breaking new ground.

Even so, please see the "Basic Guide to installing mods", the "Environment" section in particular. That should still be true for the GOG version as well.

If I am interpreting you correctly, you are attempting to use the Resource Hacker tool for modding? That is very "old school", and was pretty much abandoned after the third or so update of the base EU game because of the changing addresses with each version. Last I knew it had never been updated for EW. Once we learned how to enable the use of the separate loose INI files (documented in the "Basic Guide to installing mods"), and with the advent of the UPKUtils tool set, RH hasn't been needed. The wiki has a number of articles regarding the UPK files and how to mod them. The UPKUtils "PatcherGUI" file format is how you implement those changes.

-Dubious-

I think you are the first person to mention hacking the GOG version of XCom, much less EW. So you are breaking new ground.

Even so, please see the "Basic Guide to installing mods", the "Environment" section in particular. That should still be true for the GOG version as well.

If I am interpreting you correctly, you are attempting to use the Resource Hacker tool for modding? That is very "old school", and was pretty much abandoned after the third or so update of the base EU game because of the changing addresses with each version. Last I knew it had never been updated for EW. Once we learned how to enable the use of the separate loose INI files (documented in the "Basic Guide to installing mods"), and with the advent of the UPKUtils tool set, RH hasn't been needed. The wiki has a number of articles regarding the UPK files and how to mod them. The UPKUtils "PatcherGUI" file format is how you implement those changes.

-Dubious-

Thanks. I'll read it. Oddly enough, the only thing changed (that I've noticed), are classes (changed class perks per rank).