[LE] Instant Spell equip animation, problems

So, I'm playing a Spellsword and I'm switching inbetween alot of spells. I thought I would remove the animation on spell equips to make that go faster.

I found out that there's mrh_and_mlh_forceequip.hkx for this. I replaced it with a dummy/set its duration to 0 but the problem is that when I switch spells now as Spell(lefthand)Sword(righthand) the animation is bugged and my hands disappear completly and I have to reqeuip everything to sheathe them again.

Weirdly enough, also doesnt work with a fist instead of sword, but the other way around does work. So switching spells in my right hand while sword is in left hand is isntantly, just the way I want it, just wrong order. Also, dual wielding spells has instant switching.

I did some googling and what I found so far is that apparently when you are using a spell in your left hand, mlh_xxx.hkx are are taken priorities, so something is causing an issues here but I have no clue what.

If anyone has an idea or how to tackle this I would be grateful. I don't know much about modding and thought I could do this one simple thing, but turns out its very confusing.

I tried setting other animations like mlh_1hm_equip.hkx to 0 but that didnt work and seemed to do nothing.

Is there maybe some way to tell whats happening if the error is missing hands in first person? Thanks <3

I couldn't let it go and just had to do this. And I finally managed it after some digging.

Turns out, equipiing stuff in your left hand with a sword in your right hand is handled by weapequip.hkx behavior file. In there I just changed

<hkparam name="cropEndAmountLocalTime">0.000000</hkparam>

into

<hkparam name="cropEndAmountLocalTime">0.500000</hkparam>

on hkobject name="#0235" , thats the forcequip for magic. Really nice. If anyone is intrested.

Edited by derfrak

• 1 year later...

Could you possibly share those hkx files on nexus? I would like to have instant spell swapping because there is a movement speed bug sometimes when the animation plays, so I just want to get rid of animation completely. I am playing a mage, so it gets really annoying. I have no idea how to edit those files

• 1 month later...