How does Armor Rating/Damage Resist work on NPCS?

Hatsodoom

So Armor Rating/physical damage resist, does it even technically exist on NPCs? I click an npc like a bandit and check its damage resist value. it gives me a number in return, but it doesn't seem to do anything. My weapon strikes still deal the regular damage. (What it says you do when opening up inventory.) Does this aspect of defense exist on NPCs at all? Granted I am using "Armor Rating Redux" mod, but that shouldn't completely disable something like that. Is there something I'm missing here?

Edited by Hatsodoom

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, very roughly, because I don't want to post a lot of math and you cam look it up for the PC. NPCs armor ( mainly because they can't improve it) does a little more than twice the base protection the PCs armor does. If you find the armor formula online the PC has an armor factor of .12 . I believe ( but could be off) that the NPCs armor factor is .25.

In any event, yes it does them good. The console command "getav damageresist " will give you their armor rating if you're curious

You clearly didn't read the first post. In my game the enemies have a damage resist value, but it doesn't actually do anything. None of my damage gets resisted.

Example: I use the "getav damageresist" console command on say, a bandit and it returns a value of 68. My sword deals say 40 damage. I swing my sword and the bandit doesn't block it or anything. It's not a power attack either and the enemy has no perks to resist damage. The sword hits and deals 40 damage, the armor seemingly doing nothing.

Why is this?

Edited by Hatsodoom

Sorry didn't cognate I guess. Well, it does work in my game. I've actually done a hit and check thing adjusting it. Maybe check your mods. Wish I had a definitive answer for you.

Okay that's odd. I uninstalled "Armor Rating Redux" and messed around a bit, then reinstalled it. The armor on enemies seems to be functional again, but is only following the mod's Linear formula despite me using Hyperbolic.

Not quite sure. My only assumption is that Sky Tweak, another mod I use, was loaded after Armor Rating Redux and may have somehow caused it to create some sort of conflict. Sky Tweak can alter NPC Armor bonuses, although I never messed with that option. Reinstalling Armor Rating Redux put it at the bottom of the load order and the mod does say to put it after any mods that alter Armor Rating.