Holotapes after i pickup them up...can't find them anywhere in inventory

rhazzy

I have begun a new game and after a couple of hours in...i have noticed that whenever i pickup a holotape, i can't play it (is not in the NOTES section) because i can't find it anywhere in my inventory.
Any ideas?

A "holotape" is merely a mesh/texture object. Normally it provides a tangible "inventory" object for conveying information to the player, usually in the form of a note in the Pipboy, but not always. (Other objects than the "holotape" can perform the same function.) It might convey a "recipe" (such as a build or breakdown recipe at the workbench or a campfire) or information. The author may choose to convey the information in the format of an audio file (in which case you can "play" it in the "Radio" tab) or in the form of an entry that just "appears" in a particular section of the Pipboy such as the "Quests", "Notes", or "Map" tabs. You need to look in those other tabs as well. But the "holotape" object itself usually disappears as soon as you "grab" it, as it has done it's job of conveying the info into your Pipboy and is no longer needed.

This is one of the reasons it is a good idea to try to immediately determine what that holotape is conveying as soon as possible. Too many "unviewed" holotape "notes" can leave you confused as to where they came from or what they are related to.

-Dubious-

Thank you for replying...i am sure they were AUDIO holotapes. The one audio holotape that you pickpocket from Deputy Beagle, i did that, i took the journal from him...and i can't find it anywhere in the Notes tab.

Edited by rhazzy

An "audio tape" will be in the "Radio" tab instead of "Notes". (That is the only place you can "play" audio files.)

If it still can't be found, I suggest you go back to a save point before you grabbed the holotape, and immediately check the Pipboy after you do get it. If it still isn't there, see the "Deputy Beagle's journal" web page and try the console command "player.additem 001618bf 1" and check again. Note "choosing a dialogue option to give him a weapon" is a requirement.

IF that doesn't resolve it, then you have some mod conflict. In which case you need to follow the 'Mod Conflict Isolation' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article.

-Dubious-