Photo

SSEEdit conflicts and load order questions

sseedit load order ctd conflict conflicts wyre bash bashed patch merged patches merge patches

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

AureliusOfRome

AureliusOfRome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Hello!

Before I dive into the main topic, I want to say sorry If I don't understand some things, but I will try to learn it and use it correctly.

Now in my previous threads I have mentioned this CTD problem on starting new game and loading a save file. Now the problem is the same, but I want to merge mods (patches) into the bashed patch using the merge patches function. Using the advice from the previous thread(s) it seems the problem was that merging some mods cause CTDs. But I have lot of mods, so If it possible to gain some more space (I won't install anymore mods) I appreciate it! I also noticed when confirming to start a new game the game takes a bit longer to CTD than before, but still can't get to the loading screen.

Here is the list of things I tried:
-Sorting load order, taking idea from the anwer(s) from the previous thread (Quest mods at bottoms, house mods at top etc.)
-Rebuilding Bashed Patch lot of times.
-Checking Bashed Patch in SSEEdit [Only masters loaded, not patches (They are already merged into the patch, but I assume this is normal they don't load)].
-Checking for patches (Didn't found anymore).
-Checking LOOT for dirty mods (Some mods are marked dirty, but can't clean them).
-Changing the game graphics (Doesn't work)
-Enabling papyrus logs (Can't read them, they are jumbled).

So some small questions:
-Is my load order okay, or should I move some mods?
-In SSEEdit which conflicts should I look out for?
-Is there any more patches I need?
-Any major mod conflicts I need to know about?
-Any mods I should and/or shouldn't merge?
-Is it normal If I check only the Bashed Patch, then only the merged patch masters appear? (Example: Only LegacyOfTheDragonBorn.esm loads, not the patches themselves)

Load Order:

Spoiler

Any help is appreciated!

Jannifer

Jannifer

dragon goddess

• Moderators
  • 7,736 posts

I have one suggestion which sometimes helps with SLE, so should also be helpful for SSE.  Open SSEEdit.  Leave everything in your load order checked.  Click Okay and let SSEEdit start to run.  If it hits a problem, such as a missing master, it will stop and tell you what it is.  Be sure that you are on the Messages tab and not View or Information tabs.  If SSEEdit finds a problem, then fix it and run your load order again.

You do need to be careful when you merge mods or patches.  If you merge things which have scripts, then the scripts may break.  Generally, you're pretty safe if you merge simple things like armor, weapons or clothing.  Personally, I wouldn't merge patches and such unless Bash does them automatically.

If you have not already done so, go back to your mods' pages and reread the descriptions.  Take notes.  Experienced mod authors will give specific information such as possible conflicts, suggestions for load order and often fixes for common problems.  I know that I'm sending you back to the basics here, but sometimes you find a gem of information that you'd missed.  I figure it's best to rule out the little things before you go hunting under the bed for the big ones.  :tongue:

Good luck!  :smile:

AureliusOfRome

AureliusOfRome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Thank you! I try that and report back If I find anything.

AureliusOfRome

AureliusOfRome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Sadly, it didn't work.

SSEEdit didn't show anything, no missing masters (Skyrim.esm had a duplicated top group, but I assume that normal), just a lot of injections (Into Update.esm).
I have read the mods pages and made some adjustments.
I also removed the manual merges I made, and only merged the patches into the Bashed Patch, that Wyre Bash recommended to me disable and merge.

New load order:

Spoiler

Edited by tothmark0529, 09 March 2019 - 03:09 PM.

AureliusOfRome

AureliusOfRome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

New load order (Moved some esps, and installed new mods, just some esls though):

Spoiler

AureliusOfRome

AureliusOfRome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Even disabling Bashed Patch.esp doesn't work. I remember I once rebuild the Bashed Patch, merging everything it wanted to do, and it worked. I have absolutely no idea what causes this.

Old hand

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

first of all disable papyrus logging, that in itself can also cause CTDs, not too mention it is not ideal for problem solving, as in the chances you will find out the cause of the CTD through papyrus logs, is very slim (especially if you happen to have no mod that uses/edits or adds scripts, then papyrus logging is completely redundant, and will cause more harm then good). 

Papyrus Logging is for Mod Authors to check to see if their Scripted mods are working properly.

however with that said, if you want to post your Papyrus Log, i can translate it for you. 

your only option now, assuming you eliminated all Mod Conflicts, is to Disable all mods, and enable 5 at a time, until you start CTD again, that will help find the mod(s) that is causing problems, its the tedious approach to conflict resolution, however this approach is not a guranteed way to solve Load Order issues. many people will delete the mods they think was causing the CTD when in actual fact it was becuase said mod was in the wrong location in the load order, which is why this approach is not ideal, but it will get the job done.

AureliusOfRome

AureliusOfRome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Alright, I check it out. I report back If anything is found. I'm very grateful for your help!

AureliusOfRome

AureliusOfRome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Found the problem, Helgen Reborn.esp was the one causing the CTD.

EDIT: Probably not.

EDIT 2: It was Cutting Room Floor. I have no idea why, but If I disable it and it's patches, the game works again. I try to look at the mod in SSEdit.

EDIT 3: I have absolutely no idea what causes this. Homever I also had to disable the import inventory in Bashed Patch.

EDIT 4: No idea now what to do, disabled cutting room floor and the import inventory, but it still crashes. Here is my load order:

Spoiler

EDIT 5: Solitude Expansion may be the CTD causer.

EDIT 6: Nope, the CTD cause is always different. Even disablign Bashed Patch is not working.

EDIT 7: (Possibly) Final load order:
Spoiler

Edited by tothmark0529, 17 March 2019 - 12:32 PM.

AureliusOfRome

AureliusOfRome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Could someone please help me find a solution where I don't have to remove a ton of mods (If possible)?

Every and all help is appreciated!

(If not possible, I just give in and remove some mods.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sseedit, load order, ctd, conflict, conflicts, wyre bash, bashed patch, merged patches, merge patches

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 3.525 seconds