Photo

SSEEdit conflicts and load order questions

sseedit load order ctd conflict conflicts wyre bash bashed patch merged patches merge patches

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Old hand

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

other possible issues are a Script Heavy Setup, or Simply Script Issues. 

disable all mods that edit/add or change scripts. then see if you can progress further. this will ofcourse require a new game, so it wont help immediately to determine what mods are causing issues. 

if their is no conflicts with any mod, then it will be the mods themselves that are causing issues. or the papyrus system being overwhelmed, caused by a heavily scripted setup, or badly scripted mods. 

Note: It is Very Important that you Re-Build the Bash Patch every time you add or Remove (or Disable) a Mod, failing to do so will also cause CTDs on its own.

When testing mods by disabling 5 at a time, ensure the Bash Patch is disabled, until you figure out which mod(s) caused the issue, then when you can successfully progress without CTD, then you Re-Enable the Bash Patch. 

AureliusOfRome

AureliusOfRome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Thank you! I will try that and report back.

AureliusOfRome

AureliusOfRome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Here is my summary of experiences:
-Enabling Magical College Of Winterhold, Solitude Expansion, or Helgen Reborn results in CTD. (Disabled them and their patches.)
-Rebuilding the Bashed Patch and activating it also causes CTD.

Now the question is there a way to fix it? [Except for going through the SSEEdit again (Except if it's really necessary)]

Old hand

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Solitude Expansion and Helgen Reborn both contain Scripts, so disabling them will not help. 

Helgen Reborn should not give problems, i have used that mod for a very long time, and completed it multiple times. so i have no idea.

as for the other 2 mods, i have absolutely no experience with them. 

i will have a look at your mod list again, to see if their is any potentional conflict with helgen reborn, which their could very well be, given its location. 

Potentional Conflicts:

Lanterns Of Skyrim - (might place laterns in helgen area)

with that said. check all of your mods to see if any of them edit near helgen. it will be much quicker for you to do this, as you can simply click on the links for all of your mods.

AureliusOfRome

AureliusOfRome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Thank you again! I check it out and report back.

AureliusOfRome

AureliusOfRome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

I have checked every mod that could possibly edit Helgen itself or the are near Helgen (Also disabled some mods that might cause CTD). I disabled every single Helgen related patch and disabled it in Bashed Patch. I have rebuild Bashed Patch, but it is still crashing, same as before

List of mods I disabled/unchecked in merge patches:

Spoiler

Edited by tothmark0529, 27 March 2019 - 01:56 PM.

AureliusOfRome

AureliusOfRome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

I know this problem seems unsolveable and very complicated to find solution to, but If someone has any idea what to do, I give the load order again:

Spoiler

However, I don't blame anyone If they don't know the answer, I would just be very grateful if this problem could be solved.

Old hand

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

you are running a lot of script heavy mods (and even more just scripted mods). this sounds like it is very likely the cause. disabling a few at a time will not solve the problem. most of them will need to be disabled in order to notice, but as said this must be done on a new game.

plus,  some of them quest mods have an aweful lot of reported bugs, which can mean: Freezes, Crashes, and simple mechanics not working. (which is why i mentioned before, always check the bugs tab, it gives you a very good idea in just how stable the mod actually is based on other people experiences)

it is never a good idea to run a lot of quest mods at the same time (also applies to running many mods that are script based). 

so yea i am going to say the issue is literally down to a script heavy setup. 

Falskaar

Beyond Skyrim Bruma

Moon and Star

Legacy of the Dragonborn

Wheels of Lull

Ravengate

Forgotten City

Helgen Reborn

Etc Etc

that is just to many scripted mods to have running at the same time

i am very certain that, you are getting many crashes because the game just cannot handle that amount of scripts being fired constantly.

big quest mods are literally designed to be the only script intensive mods (completely standalone) you run, they should not be enabled with each other.

their is a limit to everything. you simply have exceeded it, thus causing the issues.

the only solution is to severely cut down on how many scripted mods you are using, and try to get used to the idea of creating new playthroughs each with very specific mods to enable. more specifically, have a new playthrough per heavily scripted mod. 

so what you do, create new playthrough, only do the quest mod, fully complete it, delete the playthrough start another new playthrough with another quest mod, rinse and repeat, then if you like the quest mod that much, you keep it as a an ultimate playthrough which will be the playthrough you keep. 

also ensure you have as few mods as possible when doing these quest only playthroughs

choose the mods you need, rather then the mods you want. basically meaning, only keep the mods you simply cannot live without, the less mods you have, the more successful you will end up being with a stable game. less mods = less problems = less stress on the game, and finally: this will make it much easier to resolve problems should they arise: understand that the game has its own limitations that is beyond your control, and likewise your hardware has limitations. 

also as general feedback: really think about the mods you are looking at, only download them if you absolutely must have them. 

AureliusOfRome

AureliusOfRome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Thank you! Gonna try it and report back.

AureliusOfRome

AureliusOfRome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

I disabled everything you mentioned, worked fine, but the second I enable Helgen Reborn.esp the problem occurs again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sseedit, load order, ctd, conflict, conflicts, wyre bash, bashed patch, merged patches, merge patches

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.091 seconds