SKSE64 Issues

LasagnaSux

I am having an issue with skse64. This is a recurring issue and I while I have seen people with this problem on other forums, I have not once seen a helpful answer.

Preliminary facts:

My auto-update is off

skse is up to date

I am the admin

I installed skse64 as per the instructions. I have done this several times and it is not an issue with the install. I have even played the game via skse, multiple times, for hours, even, then randomly my game will crash and skse64_loader.exe has magically deleted itself from my Skyrim SE folder. I then proceed to redownload skse64 and install as per the instructions, but when I do it requires permissions *only* for the skse64_loader.exe file (all of the others install just fine), and when I hit the "Continue" button (because I am the admin) it then tells me I need permission to complete this action. I have taken the whole Skyrim Special Edition folder and granted all parties full permissions and still, I need permission.

This is the third or fourth time this has happened. Eventually, after a week or so, I can move the skse64_loader.exe into the game files and it works fine for another week, and then the same thing happens.

going to assume you are on windows 10, as this is definitely something that is appropriate to that version of windows, basically windows 10 locks the C:Drive (or any partition that windows itself is installed to), regardless if you are Admin on or not

so you will need to Right Click on skse_loader, go into the Compatibility tab of the skse_loader, and then tick the box, Run as Administrator

otherwise as mentioned above it is probably being locked by the Antivirus software. most likely windows defender, if you are indeed using windows 10, this also makes sense, since you mention skse_loader has been deleted before, which would assume the antivirus is classing it as a virus and deleting/quarantine it accordingly.

I do not know if anyone knows, yet there was an update to SSe.exe this morning and SKSE64 no longer works.

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to fix? I do have a copy of the SkyrimSE.exe to replace the new updated one, yet I did not know if the skse64 team knew of the update.

Here is a picture of the error message that I am getting. https://i.imgur.com/vfCGJCv.jpg

Please advise if this is the right place to post this, or does it need to be posted somewhere else

One can revert back to the original SkyrimSE.exe

On your desktop, hit 3 different keys at the same time Win + R which will open the Steam console.

Put in steam ://nav/console and then hit enter

put in download_depot 489830 489833 7531846925655934196 and then hit enter

go to whereever your steam file is, and go to steam/steamapps/content/app_489830/depot_48933 and there you will find the original SkyrimSE.exe (the one before this current update)

copy and paste this into a folder and keep it safe and also copy and paste this into the Skyrim SE directory.

I also make copies of the 3 skse64 files just in case. The two .dll files and the loader file and put them in the same folder as I put the SkyrimSE.exe in.

This will work until the SKSE64 team can get their update done and until SkyUI can also update.

Hope this helps