Silus Vesuius,you killed him?

Dovahkiin069

262 members have voted

1. 1. Did you killed Silus Vesuius or let him alive?

• I let him alive,he is not evil like his family.
    • I killed him,his family caused the Oblivion Crisis.
    • Who's Silus Vesuius?

Poor guy was a romantic, I let him live of course. His commitment to heritage and legacy was admirable no matter the situation or his intentions as was his virtue of loyalty and integrity. I mean in the general context. So I let him live on general principles you might say. There are rare traits these days. Stopping him or the need to for the quest has no bearing on this. I am open minded enough to see the good and the worthy as well.

Edited by skyquest32

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man is unfortunate, I'll give'em that.

On one hand, his ancestors almost caused the end of the god damned world.

On the other hand, he never had any intentions to continue that work. When his family name was found to be alongside the Mythic Dawn, it immediately destroyed any reputation his family may have made as merchants over the generations.

Essentially, the minute he was born into the Vesuius name, his life was going to be nothing more than hate, mockery, and just being ostracized in general.

I'll give'em props for embracing all of it, and opening a museum to remind everyone of his family's misdeeds, and the Mythic Dawn in general.

However, i don't like him wanting Mehrune's Razor for his museum. That's a little too far, buddy (but I need to pillage Mehrune's little shrine-cave, so okay :P).

His ancestor's actions should not condemn his life, especially since he does not attempt to hide the truth, nor attempts to continue their works.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I kill him always, not for any reason other than it was my right of conquest. I did the heavy lifting, last thing I want is him weaseling out, prove to Dagon you are worthy. Otherwise, he has no business dealing with daedra. :tongue:

• 4 weeks later...

I killed him. Never played the prior games at the time (knew some of the lore but not enough to know who he was.) I killed him because a guy calling himself the lord of destruction asked me to and listening seemed like a good idea.

• 3 years later...
I tried hard to save him, maybe he could learn the error of his ways. But each time he either didn’t give me the option to let him live and just attacked me or the Dremoras killed him anyway. Seemed like fate wanted him dead - who am I to argue with that.

• 3 months later...

I kill him in Dawnstar, just for getting that damn courier to stalk me.

I don't want to get any murders, though, so I use Frenzy on him.

One can find enough Daedra Hearts elsewhere; from Alchemists and that swindler, Enthir, at the College. I don't care about the Deadra artifacts.

Edited by SatansComrade

• 3 weeks later...

In general, Silus Vesuius dies in every game of Skyrim I play.

The reasons why often vary, admittedly, the the end result remains the same.

Reason 1: "Mehrunes Dagon told me to."

Quite simply put, a lot of my characters have something against deliberately angering the Daedra. Especially powerful Daedra who have powerful gifts they can give to you.

Reason 2: "Your family is the reason the Empire is as weak as it is."

Extending the cause of the Oblivion Crisis out to the natural conclusion an Empire-faithful character might come to makes sense to me. Not just did the Mythic Dawn kick off the Oblivion Crisis, giving the Thalmor a chance to gain power in the Summerset Isles, they also completely wiped out the Septim bloodline. A strong bloodline that might have weathered the last 200 years a bit better, rather than the Mede Dynasty that let the Thalmor wander all over Skyrim. For characters who are old Imperial Legion who fought in the Great War, or old characters who were alive during the Oblivion Crisis, this often is their chance to get revenge on the Mythic Dawn.

Reason 3: "As pieces, it is but a worthless trinket of a forgotten age. Reforged in blood and agony, it returns to glory."

For my Daedra-worshipping characters, gathering such an ancient and powerful, legendary dagger can be worth all of it. The cost is one pitiful life spent hoarding artifacts of a forgotten age? Sure, I'll spill his blood and place his head upon the altar as my offering.

Reason 4: "I have a museum, you fool, and I'm going to show this weapon, intact, for all to see."

Legacy of the Dragonborn! Divines, this mod has changed up how I play so much. Doing shady deals with Daedra? Well, of course I will, I've got a spot in the museum for one of those. Of course, there's no option in the museum to let Silus live, take the pieces from him, and display the shattered Razor in my museum, so... Death it is.

Reason 5: "This weapon is dangerous, both whole or in pieces. It should be in no one's hands, but it will be safer in mine."

Ah, the classic "I am saving the world by hoarding dangerous things" strategy. This one is usually reserved for characters taking a "Fall from Grace" strategy in questlines. How many dirty deeds can one do before reaching rock bottom? Well, quite a few. But, this one hinges on the thought that, if Silus keeps all of the pieces there together, in his "museum", how long would it take before some thief feigns interest, gets a quick tour, sees the shattered Razor, brings it up to Mehrunes' shrine to get it reforged, and is then ordered to kill Silus and my character for our treachery? Worse, how long after that would it take before someone with said dagger goes running around killing highly-important people with this weapon? Versus one quick death, one dagger added to my inventory, and one less dangerous artifact laying around.

Reason 6: "I am one of the last of the Vigilants of Stendarr. It is my mission to track down, collect up, and neutralize any and all Daedric artifacts I find. Because you refuse to relinquish this weapon, I must slay you."

The role-player's option. Actually quite a bit of fun to collect artifacts with an intention to keep them safe and/or destroy them.