Horrific sound glitch with Project Nevada + Old World Blues

Zig51

Upon exiting the Think Tank and going out into the Big Mt area in Old World Blues, I began experiencing a horrible sound glitch within 30 seconds or so, it sounds like the noise an enemy makes when spotting me is looping over itself constantly and getting louder and louder. The glitch only occurs when the Project Nevada Core mod is enabled.

Video of the glitch: (turn your volume down)

Anyone recognize this sound so that I might disable it completely somehow, or know what might cause this bug? I've reinstalled Project Nevada and disabled all other mods to be sure, but the error persists. Old World Blues is unplayable at this point.

i expected those sound glitches on my old pc,

maybe u should check the installed sound driver and if u have codec decoder installed like FFDSHOW turn this off or add FONV to the excluded list.

section "Fixes for audio issues"

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_NV_Troubleshooting_guide

i think its an hardware issue...

Edited by CYNTHETIC

Well, I've updated my audio drivers, as well as my video drivers (which for whatever reason include an "HD Audio Driver" in there - I've disabled these manually to rule them out as the cause), I've verified my local files with Steam, configured my output for plain stereo mode, and disabled all other audio devices not currently in use. I also haven't installed FFDShow or any other codec packs.

The only step I haven't been able to try is disabling hardware acceleration in DXDiag, because the setting isn't there - this is apparently caused by my nVidia drivers which control hardware acceleration themselves.

Currently the glitch persists.

Further Info:

The sound that is being played endlessly appears to be the aggression sound of the Trauma Harness enemies, and I am beginning to think that the issue is not simply with sound, but with the enemy itself - this is what awaited me beneath the forcefield in the video after I had clipped through and killed it with the console:

http://i.imgur.com/2CCtD.jpg

Edited by Zig51

well that is strange,

i did those sound issue with a GT 210 fx card.. with HD audio to (is for TV with HDMI input). i not sure if i fix this, have a new computer now.

maybe can switch off the HD audio from FX card help.

my sound error was come in some cells and gone if i haz leave them...

sry that i can help more...

only things... u can save all Project Nevadad relevant stuff in a empty cell (victors home) and play old world blue without PN or play without sounds..

so one more .... have u edit the ini files? maybe a fresh new can help, delete and start the launcher this generate a fresh new one and scans the hardware again...

Edited by CYNTHETIC

Well, it looks like the bug was embedded in my saved games, which were created without the Project Nevada DLC plugins. I just reloaded my last save in the Mojave, entered OWB, and used the console to get back to the Big MT / Y-12 area, and the Master Trauma Harness attacked me without the sound glitch going off, so it looks to be fixed now that I've restarted OWB with the PN plugins. Thanks for the tip on those, I had just installed Project Nevada but had never heard about the plugins.

Shame I'm going to have to listen to the whole damn robot dialog again, but it's better than a game-crashing screeching zombie thing.

Edited by Zig51