Did Skyrim SE just update? Cannot get SKSE 64 to work today.

Daelyn

I updated my game & SKSE last night to 1.5.73 (a process I've done successfully two or three times before). Could I get the thing to work? Nope.

Instant CTD - so invasive the Papyrus Log is unable to process anything and my ENB only gets the shaders cache operating. Yet SKSE logs report complete success in start up.

I tried a basic clean slightly modded version and that fired up OK. So it is not a SKSE / Skyrim EXE issue. There's a mod causing a problem.

Thanks for the above comments - I tested these on my game but they were not the cause of my CTD.

For now I've rolled back successfully.

One by one testing of all the updated mods did not resolve the problem either.

So, hope this helps and if anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful.

UPDATED. Ahhh - it's refreshing how one's own stupidity can leap out and throttle one unexpectedly. Yes it was a mod causing my problem. And yes, it was because I'd missed it out in my update list. :teehee: :whistling:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back. I can start my game but I get a CTD. Event log tells me I have a corrupted stack heap in NTDLL.dll caused by SkyrimSE.

Sigh. It's a mod, and it might be HDTSSEPhysics (using Windowsdbg). I'm not a programmer and my eyes are watering from number blocks... :wallbash:

The drawback is I think I find the problem mod. Remove it. Run the game and it works. Then half an hour later - CTD.

I'm not seeking help - but it seems quite a number of people are having issues with the latest SKSE / SkyrimSE.exe issue.

@thumbincubation, Yes - I have my 'update dependent' mods listed but for some reason I'd missed one out! I've run updates a few times with no problems.

This update is causing me some grief.

Newer update@ HDTSSEPhysics.dll is definitely the faulting module. I left a note for HyrdogensaysHDT on his/her 9DMAO site.

I just updated again to day, to 1.5.73. Sister Hydrogen has issued a new HDTSSEPhysics.dll and so far I can run the game. THe HDT is a bit 'twitchy' but the game is not crashing.

• 2 months later...

What now? Wait for updates of all these modifications?

The failed plugins are:

• AddItemMenuSE version 1 (AddItemMenuSE.dll, AddItemMenuSE 190 SKSE2015) reported as incompatible during query.

• CBPC plugin version 4165 (cbp.dll, CBPC - CBP Physics with Collisions) reported as incompatible during query.

• EngineFixes plugin version 3 (EngineFixes.dll, skse64 Engine Fixes (Part 1) 4.4 for SSE 1.5.73 - skse64 plugin) reported as incompatible during query.

• hdtSSEFramework version 1 (hdtSSEFramework.dll, hdtSSEFramework 1 5 73) reported as incompatible during query.

• hdtSSEPhysics version 1 (hdtSSEPhysics.dll, hdtSSEPhysics 1 5 73) reported as incompatible during query.

• JContainers64 version 4 (JContainers64.dll, JContainers SE) reported as incompatible during query.

• papyrusutil plugin version 2 (PapyrusUtil.dll, PapyrusUtil SE - Scripting Utility Functions) reported as incompatible during query.

• skee version 1 (skee64.dll, RaceMenu Special Edition (ENG)) reported as incompatible during query.

Edited by soofaster

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for SKSE64 to get an up to date version. ;(days, weeks, months, etc...)

I did this and it is still giving me the same error. How do I get skse64 to acknowladge I have instaled the older version/skrimSE.exe and for it to run? it is like it is defaulting to "im using a newer version instead of verifying that I am.

Ha

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for SKSE64 to get an up to date version. ;(days, weeks, months, etc...)

I did this and it is still giving me the same error. How do I get skse64 to acknowladge I have instaled the older version/skrimSE.exe and for it to run? it is like it is defaulting to "im using a newer version instead of verifying that I am.

Happens to me still, cant get it to run