Monsterhunter125

Hello,

I have encountered a little problem with the script extender. Yesterday i was playing Skyrim SE as usual, as i did today in the afternoon, but after my PC restarted (without me being present that is) Nexus Mod Manager surprised me with the following message when i tried to start Skyrim via Script Extender:

First window:

You are using a newer version of Skyrim than this version of SKSE64 supports.
If this version just came out, please be patient while we update our code.
In the meantime, please check http://skse.silverlock.org for updates.
Do not email about this!
Runtime: 1.5.73
SKSE64: 2.0.12
Upon starting Skyrim via Steam i got the ingame notification, that the Script extender is not active.

I am unaware of an update to Skyrim SE by Steam, I replaced every Script Extender file with freshly downloaded ones to make sure they are up to date. I even tried reinstalling Skyrim SE with Steam (however the Script Extender Files where still there after).

I am curious if someone has encountered this problem recently, as i was unable to find a solution on my own.

I am grateful for all answers and apologize if I have missed a topic in this forum which resolves said problem.

Bethesda put out a Creation Club "update" for Skyrim SE this morning.

Therefore, SSE version doesn't match the current SKSE version. Silverlock team just needs to put out an update to match.

Therefore, SSE version doesn't match the current SKSE version. Silverlock team just needs to put out an update to match.

do they usually take long to do it?

Not sure. I would assume the Silverlock team would get an updated version out quickly, but then every other mod that uses SKSE plugins would also need to update to the newest version of SKSE as well. From my understanding, it's mostly just a file header revision (pretty minor), but it still takes time for everyone to notice the update and update their own mods. This also says nothing for the mods that aren't seeing support anymore.

Allright. Thanks a lot for the fast answer :)

So to put it simple; if I intend to play Skyrim in the near future it better be vanilla?

do they usually take long to do it?

No. They don't unless there is something they need to do like correcting scripts that kind of things.

So, wait a day or two and check again.

Allright. Thanks a lot for the fast answer :smile:

So to put it simple; if I intend to play Skyrim in the near future it better be vanilla?

Not necessarily. Apparently there is a way to download the old version of the .exe of SSE. See THIS THREAD as it seems to have a way to do it.

Also, download and install the Skyrim.exe Auto-Backup mod. It will save a copy of your Skyrim.exe files AT THEIR CURRENT ITERATION every time SKSE is launched and save them elsewhere. Therefore, if Bethesda does a stupid Creation Club .exe update again, you'll be able to drag-drop the old (working) version of the game back into the game folder and go back to gawking at your skimpily clad housecarls.

@Monsterhunter125

Good idea to follow Tregolani’s hint concerning the auto backup file.

Apart from this:
In the past it took the SKSE team 24 to 48 hours to update SKSE to make it work with the latest Beth game version. So they reliably have quickly responded to Beth game updates concerning an SKSE update …

Concerning mods that require SKSE, this is what the SKSE team have stated in their readme for the mod authors:
„If your mod requires SKSE, please provide a link to the main SKSE website <http://skse.silverlock.org/> instead of packaging it with your mod install. Future versions of SKSE will be backwards compatibile, so including a potentially old version can cause confusion and/or break other mods which require newer versions.“

Hence, there should be no issues with mods relying on older SKSE versions as far as mod authors have complied with this SKSE instruction.

Just await the SKSE team’s update (so far usually within 24 to 48 hours after the game update) working with the latest Beth game update …

Allright. Thanks a lot for the fast answer :smile:

Not necessarily. Apparently there is a way to download the old version of the .exe of SSE. See THIS THREAD as it seems to have a way to do it.

Also, download and install the Skyrim.exe Auto-Backup mod. It will save a copy of your Skyrim.exe files AT THEIR CURRENT ITERATION every time SKSE is launched and save them elsewhere. Therefore, if Bethesda does a stupid Creation Club .exe update again, you'll be able to drag-drop the old (working) version of the game back into the game folder and go back to gawking at your skimpily clad housecarls.

Thanks gonna check that mod out :)