Need some help with two issues.

Skagens

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to find out what's causing this but we'll begin with this (I assume) texture issue.

yiDQwKL.jpg

The above is the plains near Whiterun. One is a regular ground texture and the other is what I assume the same texture but with a moist/wet tweak. I hate it, so I'd like to remove the "shine" from it, if that's at all possible. Is this some UV-issue or something else?

Now to the second issue.

9QGe1o4.png

The picture above is snow on a rock. For some reason, my snow turns like this every now and again. My snow texture is actually brilliant but this issue acts as a sort of layer placed on top. I hate it. Is this some texture I can remove or change?

Appreciate answers.

• 1 year later...

I am facing the same issue in the fields at Whiterun (a little ahead of place where Aela kills the giant). Using 2020 Parallex Textures by Pfuscher, Blended Roads and Majestic Mountains. I removed each of these mods went into a cave, waited for 24 hours, saved and closed, restarted and went back to Whiterun only to find the same issue on vanilla textures as well. I surfed a lot over internet but nowhere could I find any solution to this issue.

the slick texture is, afaik, the underpinning texture, as can be seen if you go to one of the areas outside the normal flow to areas where the trees bushes, etc aren't populated. (one thing I do aside from "playing the game" is to wander to the peripheral areas)

So to me, it appears that something isn't applying the ground textures or is being overwritten by some mod that has partial ground textures.

Maybe a mining package if you're finding these patches out in the wild (guessing)

the snow? I have no idea. I installed a "spring" theme over a year ago and have stuck with it, so snow is a rare thing