Newest skyrim se keeps crashing

sodaRAIN10

mine works now with only updating unofficial patch, racemenu and skse
skse fix

- re-enable crosshair ref hook (fixed underlying problem)
- fixed Game.GetModByName, GetLightModByName crashing if a requested mod is not installed

I'm still having issues with this. (sorry about double post-don't know how to point to it)

I have:

Installed the new Skyrim.exe (I had originally renamed it to go back to the previous version)

Installed the new SKSE 2.0.15

Installed the new USSEP 4.1.7

Installed the new RaceMenu 0-3-4

Made sure my XPMSE included RaceMenu (I had previously removed it based on comments in the XPMSE posts)

I've cleaned the DLC's and updates using the SSEEdit auto clean

I've run LOOT. No warnings/errors/dirty plugins

I've run Wrye Bash to rebuild my patch

I've run FNIS and made sure to include the arm fix. It accurately "sees" XPMSE animations

My game still crashes before the loading screen. Is there anything I am missing? Do you think I need to update the enbseries by Boris? I get to his first screen, but not the bigger texted second one before it crashes.

I'm running Skyrim Re-Engaged ENB. Would I have to reinstall that if I upgrade the enbseries?

UPDATE: Updated SSE Engine Fixes and validated STEAM files. Still nothing. Almost seems like a master file is out of place, but I haven't touched them since it last worked. Really starting to hate Creation Club and their unnecessary updates.

Any ideas at all?

Open Run: WIN+R

Run Steam Console: steam://nav/console

In the Steam Console: download_depot 489830 489833 7531846925655934196

When the download has finished it will display a file location: \Steam\steamapps\content\app_489830\depot_489833

Replace the launcher found in \depot_48933 to your Skyrim SE directory.

Yeah, I had previously reverted to the older version of SkyrimSE.exe and SKSE, but some posts said the new version was now working so I tried it again. It's not working for me, so I was hoping someone might be able to point out something I was missing. I'll wait awhile to see if anyone adds anything constructive I haven't already done. If not, I guess it's back to reverting SkyrimSE again.

I guess my next step is just taking this completely offline from STEAM, because apparently THEY... DON"T... LISTEN...TO...YOUR...SETTINGS. @*&$?!*!! faceless corporations...

I gave up making these updates work. Reverted to SKSE 2.0.12 and earlier Skyrim, this is normal running now, so it corrupted my game, I can not continue my save, just starting new game. Does anyone know how to solve it?

Yeah, I've done that now, as well as reverted a few others like USSEP, but now LOOT says I am running incompatible version of USSEP. Sigh. Can't freaking win today. I don't want to ask on USSEP's forum, because I know its my screwup somewhere and Arthmoor doesn't like to delve into past versions (plus I read something about him bringing the hammer down on the next person who asked and he's probably not the best person you want to be on their bad-side - :laugh: ). I'm just getting ready to chuck this whole 362 mod setup, go to MO2, and start over. Really getting tired of trying to move this to a new mod manager though. Didn't care for Vortex.

EDIT: Finally got the reverted game running again, but I still have the USSEP warning in LOOT. Does anyone know if I can run this as-is for now until I get this updated .exe figured out or change to a different mod manager? I don't like taking chances with "bigger" mods like USSEP, so if LOOT is saying its not a compatible version I may have to up my schedule for changing things if it affects stuff. It is the correct version for the prior build and I overwrote USSEP as Arthmoor stated (I deactivated the newer version in NMM), LOOT just isn't recognizing it as such.

Edited by Skinjack

I reverted to SKSE 2.0.12 and luckily I had the previous USSEP installer on Backup. Running the LOOT does not accuse me anything, this is working perfect now all mods. Only problem I had was the loss of my save, I can not load it on the home screen to continue, just starting new game. s#*!.

That's what I did. I make it a habit to back at least one of my previous versions up on bigger mods. I didn't lose the game saves, though, just the LOOT issue. I wonder if it because I removed RaceMenu from XPMSE before to get it to play nice? You would think they would be shooting LOOT warnings, not USSEP. Oh well, guess I'll try it. If I blow my game up I guess I was meant to move on to a better mod organizer.