Suggestion: A darker or thicker font for comment text box

SaifAlJoharaYU

Hi.

I find it a bit troublesome to read as I am type when leaving comments on mods on Nexus. My eyesight is good (lol) but still I find that the letters in the text box do not contrast well to the white background, the letters seem sorta thin and ghostly, and I can't read them quite well. I usually resort to just posting my comment and then when it's posted I can read (and then edit it when I see what I want to edit) it as I read other comments with no problem.

Now Idk how this looks for you people, but for me it's hard enough to be annoying to read.
But once the comment is posted it's pretty easy to read since then the contrast between text and background are pretty good and also the letters themselves look "fatter" lol.

Thanks for reading. :D

Edited by SaifAlJoharaYU

Hi.

I find it a bit troublesome to read as I am type when leaving comments on mods on Nexus. My eyesight is good (lol) but still I find that the letters in the text box do not contrast well to the white background, the letters seem sorta thin and ghostly, and I can't read them quite well. I usually resort to just posting my comment and then when it's posted I can read (and then edit it when I see what I want to edit) it as I read other comments with no problem.

attachicon.gif Hard to read letters.png

Now Idk how this looks for you people, but for me it's hard enough to be annoying to read.

But once the comment is posted it's pretty easy to read since then the contrast between text and background are pretty good and also the letters themselves look "fatter" lol.

ah a watcher of Angry Joe, so you are a man of culture!

I agree about the Edit window font. I try to proofread before I Submit, but it seems more often than not I miss something in the Edit window that is obvious in the Comment window. I never considered the font difference as a factor before this ... thanks for bringing it up Saif.

As a workaround, you could click on "Forum Thread" at the top of the comments page. I rarely ever comment using the Nexusmods page, because the forum page is easier to read when typing and because more editing options are available.

Thank's for the replies guys and girls. :smile:

ctrl + scroll up (or whatever your native zoom function is)

No, it's not that the font is small, it's that the font lines sometimes seem like they're only one pixel in width and get eaten up by the background

Exactly!! I found it disturbing that the first reply I got was "just zoom in" :] lol, imagine a "dentist" telling you to not chew on one side of your mouth instead of just fixing your tooth (or removing it) xD That's not a solution, it's a half-assed workaround (no offense)...

Hi.

Well I'm glad recognize me as such. :happy: As without culture.. we may as well be beasts.

Edited by SaifAlJoharaYU

Thank's for the replies guys and girls. :smile:

ctrl + scroll up (or whatever your native zoom function is)

No, it's not that the font is small, it's that the font lines sometimes seem like they're only one pixel in width and get eaten up by the background

Exactly!! I found it disturbing that the first reply I got was "just zoom in" :] lol, imagine a "dentist" telling you to not chew on one side of your mouth instead of just fixing your tooth (or removing it) xD That's not a solution, it's a half-assed workaround (no offense)...

Hi.

Well I'm glad recognize me as such. :happy: As without culture.. we may as well be beasts.

Eh, it works for me; I use the forum side of the platform for my posting/editing needs as can see from the image below. And on the off chance I do post on the site side of the platform I have a dark mode plugin which automatically adjust the text body from black to white (I am pretty sure you can find similar alternatives with a bit of sleuthing).

Xti9ta4.jpg